Hey, Hypoglycemic's, colonoscopy next wk, worried about liquids

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by maggiemae55, Dec 4, 2006.

1. maggiemae55

maggiemae55 New Member

I have to be on clear liquids for the day before, and am worried about my blood sugar. Is there anything that will help keep it up?

I will have to work 2 jobs that "clear" day, so any ideas are very appreciated!! I can just see myself laid out on the floor! :)

Warmly,
    maggie
  2. Catseye

Catseye Member

I have been having episodes at night, lately. But if I take 3 sips of gatorade or juice every hour, that is enough to keep me feeling good. Or if I'm asleep, I'll wake up feeling pretty bad and take my 3 sips. I have to keep it by the bed.

I guess you already know no purple or red liquids.

Watch out for glutamine. I had been reading how it is helpful for hypoglycemia, but I had started a glutamine containing product to help repair my leaky gut and I just found out that glutamine is maybe not good for hypoglycemics; I keep reading conflicting things. I started ribose at the same time and assumed it was that but I still am having episodes with extremely low doses of ribose. So I think it's the glutamine and I'm going to stop it today. It's a clear liquid when the powder is mixed in water. Also there are issues with glutamate in the brain and excitotoxins and we don't need any more damage in our brains.

Jello has protein in it, just don't use the red or purple flavors.

good luck, hope they don't find anything!
    karen
  3. maggiemae55

maggiemae55 New Member

Thanks for the info, what are glutamine and ribose? There are so many supplements out there, it is too confusing!

Thanks,
    maggie
  4. maggiemae55

maggiemae55 New Member

5. Catseye

Catseye Member

Glutamine is the most common amino acid in the body. It's in most food and it's a good repair to use for the intestinal tract. It's also used by bodybuilders. But I just wanted to make sure you didn't get advice to use it if you have hypo.

The ribose actually can aggravate hypo too, but only in large amounts. I'm too tired right now to explain them but look at the post about "Heart Disease Secondary to Mitochondrial Malfunction" and read the article. These supplements, ribose included, are the main fuel for our cell engines, the mitochondria. You could also just google for the article. I took them and was out of bed in 2 days.

coq10
    acetyl l carnitine
    ribose
    magnesium
    nadh

I was already taking mag and carnitine but when I added the others, WOW!!

karen