Hey Kriket....finally getting back to the signin name question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Crickie, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Crickie

Crickie New Member

Hello Kriket ~

Sorry this respose has taken so long....I have not been able to get on the computer much lately. Busy with two kids playing tournament ball!

I got my sign-in name from my daughter. It has also become a nickname that my friends and family call me.
    The story goes:
    Once upon a day, my daughter Amanda (first born) was in her crib napping (almost two years old at this time). I needed to get a shower and asked my father to listen for her waking up (it was late Spring/windows open and he was outside of my house near her room helping me with some landscaping). Sure enough, she woke and yelled for me. My dad said he heard her little voice say "Mommy"...."Mommy"..."Crickie".... you can see how cute this is knowing my name is Chrisi. To this day my dad still laughs when he tells the story.

How about you?
    Hope you are having a good day!
    Chrisi
  2. kriket

kriket New Member

How could you ever forget that? that was so cute. I live in the country and love to listen to the crickett's and have a lot of kriks in my neck. So, I dunno really, this is just what came to mind at the time of trying to think of a username!!!!

Kriket
  3. Crickie

Crickie New Member

No offense...I'm glad you enjoyed one of my favorite stories. It's so hard to believe that little girl is now fourteen! One day when she was very little and teething with her first tooth, my mom told me enjoy every moment...even the tough ones because before I know it she will be all grown up. At the time I blew it off but in hind sight, once again mom was right.
    I too enjoy the inocence of kids and talk about funny!!
    I left the best job I ever had 4 years ago as an LPN in a pediatricians office to return to school to become an RN....can't wait to work with kids again!

Hope you are having a good day~
    Chrisi
  4. Crickie

Crickie New Member

I enjoy the country also and don't blame you a bit for taking in all the sounds. When my daughter was little we rented a house on a "working" farm. Whenever I would take her outside, all the lady cows would line up along the fence to watch us..so funny! I have been stuck in a neighborhood for the last 7 years and can't wait to move to the woods. If not the beach...the woods come in a close second place.
    I was way off on guessing where your "Kriket" came from! I don't remember what soap it was on, but one of them had an actress called Cricket.

Hope the neck is doing okay ~
    Take care,
    Chrisi