Hey kryssie

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ayhatch, Feb 21, 2007.

1. ayhatch

ayhatch New Member

West.com looks good! How disconnected from the family do you need to be. I mean I've got two young kids who always bother me when I'm on the phone. And do I have to be at home an entire block of time or can I still keep doctor appointments, pick the kids up from school, etc.?
    Do people call me or do I do all the calling?
    Can you give me an example of what your day is like?
    Is this a regular paycheck from the company?
    Thanks!
  2. Kryssie

Kryssie New Member

Well I work PT Time doing this. People are calling you, you dont call them. You chose your time so you can schedule around your appointments and anything else you may have and you can also cancel time up to 24 hours in advance.. after 24 hours you have to post the hours you cant work up for *trade* and hope someone picks them up. You can work any hours of the day or night, so if you are up in the middle of the night you can log hours right then if they are available.
    Yes its a regular paycheck. You get paid every 2 wks. There are no taxes taken out tho, so be aware of that part. Its just like you have your own business because you are contracting yourself out to them as an agent and all the benefits of having a *home office/business* go along with this job as well :)
    You will have to be away from the children, you can lose your job if they hear distraction in the back ground. How old are your kids? Mine are 15 & 10 and understand they have to leave me alone... but maybe you can schedule your hours during naptime if yours are smaller.. or after bedtime.
    I havent been working a lot here lately, 2 jobs is just too much anymore but my certification is still active. You do have to have dsl or cable modem with a separate phone line in order to do it..
    The only thing you have to purchase is a headset and I got mine @ radio shack for 25 bucks.
    Let me know if you have anymore questions. Or you can visit www.workplacelikehome.com and Go under WEST and read there I learned a boatload off that board!
    Oh and you schedule your hours in 30 minute increments :)
    Good luck!
    [This Message was Edited on 02/21/2007]