Hey, Marta

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rockgor, Dec 2, 2007.

1. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hi Kiddo

Haven't seem much of you lately. You ok? Did I miss a post where you said you were involved in Project X and would be in absentia for a while?

Gordon and I are going to a farmer's market later this morning. Gordon heard about it from some lady at trader Joe's. She kept saying, "Oh, the produce is so fresh."

Isn't that a sine qua non for a farmers' market?

Ha det bra

2. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Our pal Linda told me you wrote me and here I am!

I do think of you and of the old gang often but seem to have little to say lately. Imagine that! I thought of you out there during the fires when my son quoted a car radio weather report as saying: We expect sun and clear skies - except for the ash, soot and smog.

I did have an adventure of sorts when a week ago Friday I took a tumble on some ice and banged up my knees. Remember ice??? That has me sitting down more but with legs straight, under bags of ice. Isn't there something odd about using the very thing that hurt you to help you? Seems so to me.

Otherwise, I'm not doing badly thanks, I think, in great part due to Vitamin D. I've written ad nauseum about it here so I won't repeat myself but I was very deficient and find my brain to be more calm and my body to have more energy with extra.

BTW, I read Song Without Words by Ann Packer and found it to be one of The Most Depressing books every written, only very well done, if that makes any sense. It made me depressed but in a highly literate way?

Hello to Gordon and the cats.

From Sophie and me,
    PS: for a very short time only, I have changed my profile picture for you.

[This Message was Edited on 12/02/2007]
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Nice to hear from you.

I don't remember you talking about Vit. D before. Of course I don't remember much these days. How much do you take? I take whatever is in a multiple vitamin when I remember to take it.

A very nice pic in your profile. Is that a new do?

Gordon is fine. He works at a mortgage company. Business is down, but so far nobody has been laid off.

He just finished knitting a scarf about two minutes ago. It's a present for a coworker. I am wearing the slippers he knit for me last month.

He only knits in the winter. Says you can't be knitting an afghan in the summer. Much to warm to have all that wool on your lap.

Sorry to hear about your tumble. Yes, it does seem ironic to use ice to repair the damage done by ice. Sort of like getting stabbed. You go to the hospital and are told, "We need to cut your open to do the repairs."

Come back and see us when you can.

Ha det bra

4. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I took 50,000 IU of D for six weeks until my blood level was normal. Now I take 1,000 IU a day with two days off now and then when I feel as if I have almost extreme energy. Yes, that's what I said.

It's not a cure-all for this illness; I can sense another layer that's affected by too much physical activity but it's a huge help. Might help with memory too but you do need to have blood work to make sure you need it. D is a fat soluable vitamin and you don't want it to cause calcium deposits in your joints (which is what too much can do - takes a lot though).

What does Gordon do with the knitting when it's done? Isn't it too warm to wear there or does your blood thin out that much?

No, not a new "do", just an old head.