Hey Mikie...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Elvira, Jan 28, 2003.

  1. Elvira

    Elvira New Member

    Question for you. What type of test does a doctor need to do to determine if you have mycoplasma infections? Do you know if it is usually covered by most insurance plans?

    Thanks, and glad you are feeling better!
  2. Mikie

    Mikie Moderator

    The only reliable test for mycoplasmas is the forensic polymerase chain reaction DNA test, or PCR DNA. There are only a few labs in the country who do this test and the blood must be very carefully handled in a timely manner.

    Some insurance companies pay and some do not.

    There is a ton of info on the web and if you do a search on mycoplasmas, you will find a lot of answers to your questions, including info on the lab test. Do a search here and you will find all the posts relating to mycoplasmas.

    Love, Mikie