Hey MikieOTI've got a question for you about painting

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bozey, Aug 21, 2006.

1. bozey

bozey New Member

I finally found your post about painting grout in your shower from May 28. How is that holding up? I was wondering if you knew how it might work on my kitchen tile floor. We are wanting to sell our house and I thought this might be a quick fix after a good cleaning.

Thanks

bozey
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I've had a couple of little bits of the paint, where it must have been too thick, come off. All I did was repaint it and it's just fine. Other than that, it's holding up beautifully.

I would keep to the original color of the grout. It is possible to change colors but it's more work and doesn't look as good.

Best of luck to you.

Love, Mikie
  3. bozey

bozey New Member

Thank you very much. I think you are right, I will keep it the same color. I'm gonna give it a shot and see how it goes.

bozey
  4. ckball

ckball New Member

I am a diy person and agree with Mikie. When working with a floor it is different than walls.

Mikie I did not see your post but I assume you painted your grout lines in a shower. There is a clear marine sealer, buy it at boat supply store or online. Take a little brush and seal the lines. Guaranteed no peeling, mold, etc.

Bozey, if you really want to change the color the best way is to remove the current grout with a special little tool. It is tedious, but then you can regrout with the new color.

I have remodeled several homes, I always buy fixer uppers and fix them up a room at a time over a period of years.

If I was healthier, I would love to to 2 or 3 houses a year just to make a living at.

Sorry to but in here but the word paiinting sucked me in,lol. Carla
  5. bozey

bozey New Member

It's fine with me that you chimed in. I can use all the advice I can get. I am going to keep the same color because it is a huge area, dining and kitchen together.

I will wait a few months till the time gets closer to us selling because I have 3 dogs and they will track mud in and probably stain it.

But then again, maybe I could test a spot they travel alot and see what happens and if it stains, see if I can just paint over it with no problem.

What to do, what to do. LOL

Anyway, thanks

bozey
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Great tips. I appreciate it.

Did you see my post on only painting up to within 2 1/2 inches at the tops of walls? If the room is all white, you just mask off with the blue tape and leave the 2 1/2 inches at the top white. It makes the walls look much higher and you don't have to try to paint along the wall where it hits the ceiling.

If you have to repaint the ceiling, just do it first and paint down the walls a bit. Then, tape it off around the top and paint the walls. I can't believe how nice it looks and how much easier it is to do.

Love, Mikie
  7. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Sorry to butt right in but...

Those bleach pens are also amazingly simple and easy for cleaning grout.

My bathroom is small but it wasn't hard at all to get the grout clean.

Hugs and good luck,

Nancy B.