Hey, Prickles or anyone: need tip on editing profile

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by desertlass, Sep 14, 2007.

1. desertlass

desertlass New Member

I am usually on the CFS/FM website, so most of you probably don't recognize me. I had a technical question which I thought might be better posted over here.

My profile is entirely too long to read as it is. I keep trying to edit it, but what I cannot figure out how to do is to put paragraph breaks in it.

I recently saw a post by Prickles on the CFS/FM board where she listed her usual excellent advice on posting for newbies, and one of them was that the command <P> would create paragraph breaks.

I tried this on my Apple iBook, but it still isn't working. Anyone know of any other tricks that might get this to work?

I know how important paragraph breaks are for everyone.

Right now I just am using lots of asterisks to indicate a break, but it doesn't provide the necessary white space.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks, everyone and especially Prickles for her great advice and an awesome website! If you haven't seen it, it's a Must-visit!

2. desertlass

desertlass New Member

I did try hitting the return/enter key several times, and then added the line of asterisks followed by several more returns, but it just links them all together.

But I will keep trying, and thanks for the reply.
  3. desertlass

desertlass New Member

Elaine and Forever Kid,

I can't wait to get my profile all fancy, too! It was the "NO spaces" part that I didn't understand. Now, I do.

Take care, all