Hey, SIS?? How's Dad?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by fivesue, Aug 27, 2007.

1. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Just wondering how he's doing since his fall.

Is he still with your sister? I'll bet he's eager to go home. Is that going to happen or have you guys made other arrangements for his living quarters?

We were so close to moving Jim's mom...but, by the grace of God, a wonderful angel in the form of a neat lady stayed with here 24/5 and someone else came for the two. She could not have stayed alone...

So, having to deal with older parents and juggle their welfare and their will to be independent is a challenge.

Just wondered how things were going.

Take care...stay out of the fire!

2. sisland

sisland New Member

Thanks for asking! Dad is better but ,,,,still has to walk with the walker,,,,Believe me a good thing! He is now able to get out of bed by himself and to the BR,,,,,

Dr. has told him that there is no livin alone anymore so he has Definetly moved in to my sisters house,,,,,,and as of today is getting his own private phone line put in,,,,,,,
    I Hear you on the juggleing Welfare and Independence thing ,,,He's a Very Stubborn man at times! I know you can't tell that by his photo!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lololol!

My sister and Her husband have a 3 Level (Big) house with an apt in their Basement ,,,,,,,so i think he'll just live there,,,,,,,,,,I'm Heading up to see him on the next weekend,,,,,,Been on the phone with him everyother day!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,We can visit for an Hour at a time ,,,,,so thats a good thing!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Sue,,,,Sounds like Dh's,,,,Mom lucked out! you couldn't take care of her could you?,,,,,,,In the Fith wheel? lolol ,,,,,,,,are you still staying in the 5th wheel? won't your new house be Fab??

Good news in the fire Department they are all getting under control pretty much due to a change in wheather!
  3. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Actually, we are still living in our house in Eureka...house building is an extrememly frustrating undertaking...people just don't do what they say when they say they are going to...

Very confusing statement, I know, but that's how I feel about this whole thing right now. Lost all the excitement because of the frustration of the process. Maybe it will come back when things really get going.

Jim's mom died last December and even had we wanted to, we couldn't have taken her...we live in a condo...2 bedrooms upstairs...no place for her. We miss her, but she did get to stay in her home...she was a couple weeks shy of 93...a good, long life.

Glad your dad has accepted this and that your sis has a good space for him. It will be good for you to visit him soon. My mom is still alive and really, a youngster...only 79...she was 19 when I was born. She is doing great.

Anyway, good news about those fires and your dad and everything!

4. sisland

sisland New Member

Hello again!

sorry to hear of the death of Mil. I have no idea how your being able to deal with the house building thing! would Drive me nuts!,,,,,,,,,,,,,Your mom and you are only 19 years apart! (sweet!) My oldest gal is 28 i had her just after i turned 20 ,,,,,,,,,so we have something in common! ,,,,,,,,,,,,She seems more like a friend to me at times,,,,,,Lolol,,,,Hard to believe,,,,Sis
  5. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I'm like that with my mom...a friend. It is a neat relationship; I'm glad you have a daughter like that.

I have sons...it just isn't the same.

Anyway, house building is a pain. A pain. We actually started looking at houses to buy and sell the property...but, it looks like this is going to be a go.

I think things will be better when Jim retires and we can move and really start nailing some things down.

So...my best to your dad...he looks like a kick...my dad was. He was such a funny guy...miss him a lot. Enjoy your dad while he's around. Good you call him and spend time talking...keep it up. You will really look back on this time with fondness and you will have no regrets. That is a very good feeling...

6. sisland

sisland New Member

Thanks sweetie! He's doin Better! just has to use a walker now instead of a cane! he's a tough old Bird!

Just got off the phone with pop! thats what i call him!,,lol anyway He's moving around better but still can't bend in any way!
    useing walker and sometimes cane,,,,It hurts bad enough for him to take a pain pill at night,,,,,,,so anyway time will heal him the sad fact is that he can't live alone anymore,,,,,,,which is actualy a good thing!
    [This Message was Edited on 08/28/2007]