Hey, Tansy, RE: Recuperat-ion

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Since the Recuperat-ion is not available here and has to be ordered from Spain, I thought I would experiment. Between the cost, the excahange rate with the Euro and S&H, I decided to try for my own home remedy invigorator.

I know the Recuperat-ion is an exact formula which may be in perfect proportions for the body, but I think the body has the ability to take what it needs and get rid of the rest.

I took 1/4 tsp. of sea salt, some potassium, some magnesium, and some calcium this morning. I started to feel better and went in and cleaned up my kitchen. This may not sound like much, but I've been so fatigued lately that it's a miracle for me.

I noticed that I am feeling warmer than usual too. I don't know whether this is due to the minerals I took or whether it's just a fluke. Sometimes, these things work at first but don't continue to help. I've only tried this one day, so it's too early to tell. I'll keep you updated. I just wanted to let you know what happened.

These minerals are evidently what the mitochondria and brain neurons need to convert to electrical activity in the body. Lordy, I would love it if this could eventually take the place of the Klonopin. I've stopped taking any Klonopin during the day and will see whether I have any more of those episodes which I suspect now may be panic attacks from misfiring neurons.

Thank you so very much for the info. I really appreciate it.

Love, Mikie
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

And take a big slug of water. Sea salt actually tastes good to me, so I don't have a problem with it.

Love, Mikie
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You could ask her about it. It is beneficial.

I'm pretty pumped about this new thing but only time will tell whether it continues to help. I think many of us have bodies which do not efficiently utilize nutrients and we have to supplement them beyond just a multi vitamin.

Is your morning shake still working for you? I hope so.

Love, Mikie
  4. tansy

tansy New Member

these electrolytes are not a cure but the feedabck on them has been good. Some PWFM have found it is all they need, most with ME/CFS use them as an adjunct.

I found they raised my muscle activity threshold, helped with fatigue generally, and added into the other recent changes in my protocol led to even more improvements. This latest combo has enabled me to increase my samento doses and so far be better able to cope with the die off.

It was reading about Recup, the feedback, and going back over research which made me realise why Afred Blasi had put this formula together. In ME/CFS Mg and K leak from our cells and our bodies waste a lot of energy trying to keep them at the correct levels.

My physical, as against emotional, panic like attacks have almost gone, the heat no longer sends me into states similar to thryoid storms.

Recup is not all I'm using but for a few months now my IS and HPA feel more stable than they have for decades. Vit D, adding in natto, the Recup, and a few other non med additions seem to have broken a few of the vicious circles I found myself in and which could lead to potentially helpful treatments backfiring on me. When I wrote about going back to basics on many of my posts here these were an important part of what I was writing about.

It can apparently take a long time to feel the benefits from Recup, but some of us have experienced them soon enough to know we are on the right track. I had tried yet more diet changes, potassium etc supps, all the mind body techniques, but none of them worked like this. I suspect it's because I can absorb and utitilise these minerals better when in these particlar forms and balanced ie ratios as required intracellularly.

I just love reading about successes, big or small. These are such horrible illnesses anything that makes even a small difference can have a positive impact on our quality of life.

love, Tansy
  5. tcluna

tcluna New Member

this may sound very strange but i have been using pedialyte which is correctly balanced electolytes (sodium and potassium) and its the increased salt that i believe has also made my temp go up to NORMAL (98.2) rather than the low 97 it always was. And surprise surprise the candida on my tongue has gone away.

Weather this is due to the increased salt, or my temp i dunno but it does seem the electrolyte theory of CFS may have significant merit.

This may be why the salt/vit c protocol works as well.

6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It is from little posts like this that I have culled some really important info which has helped. I find that when one thing helps, it seems to increase the effectiveness of everything else. There is a synergy when we find things which help our bodies get back into balance.

I'm a bit tired again this afternoon. I'm thinking I may try this twice a day and see what happens. I'll likely cut the dose down a bit if I do it twice. Otherwise, that's a lot of salt. I probably should be taking my BP too.

I think that all our systems are affected by CFIDS and nothing works like it should. Once we help one of our systems to function better, other systems seem to benefit. Until there is a cure, I believe that treating CFIDS will involve a lot of protocols all working just to keep our systems somewhere near normal.

That those who have been deathly ill can improve is so important for us to recognize. It is far from hopeless. I thank you all for being so generous with info and discussions which have really helped. By ourselves, alone in our homes, we could not possibly get the help that we get from one another here. We also get hope and we find ways to simulate those treatments which are not readily available to us. Like Grandma used to say, there's more than one way to skin a cat.

BTW, I have no racing brain nor chest pressure episodes since I took the minerals this morning. It's too soon to say it's working, but I view this as a good sign.

Love, Mikie
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I got my second wind shortly after updating and was good to go clear up to bedtime. I had none of the ringing in my ears last evening which is usually so loud I have to turn up the sound on the TV.

The energy is there but it's not a nervous kind of false energy. It's very calm. I woke up without the usual racing brain and songs in my head this morning when the Klonopin wore off.

I'm going to give it another day with just one dose and see what happens. I sure hope this keeps up because I think this is very beneficial.

Love, Mikie
  8. tansy

tansy New Member

More energy but a normal kind of energy, I had almost forgotten what that was like until it happened recently. I split my dose into two and take them well apart, occasionally the second one will make me sleepier, since it’s later in the day it can be an ideal (normal?) response. I always try a short break now and then when taking anything and quickly discovered how much these electrolytes where helping.

Tcluna

I tried natural sea salt two summers ago, but when it got hot the higher salt levels made matters worse, but it took the consequences of severe herxing to make me realise I needed to carefully balance my potassium levels as well. It looks as though have found anothr way of helping to get them more balanced, that's good news too.

The salt & vit c protocol seems to be working in a multitude of ways; I love the idea of something so simple and affordable, even if it’s not for everyone.

Stormyskye

I look forward to reading about your continuing molybdenum experiment. I have enjoyed reading and learned from all your posts here on your protocol. As for the goofs: I would hate to have to list all the ones I made, the brain fog and cognitive problems don’t help, I’ve learned they are a part of life for most of us.

Recuperat-ion is based on just plain old common sense. Recuperat-ion/balanced electrolytes appear to have a low risk factor and so far seems to be producing more benefits than many of the others that have been tried to address the ion channelopathy found in ME/CFIDS and FM.

Love, Tansy [This Message was Edited on 08/26/2005]
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am feeling a bit warm just like yesterday and have more energy. I sure hope this keeps up.

I may split the dose, depending on what happens today. This is exciting. Good luck to everyone with your treatments and thanks again, Tansy, for sparking (no pun intended :) this idea.

Love, Mikie