Hey Terri Linda

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by omeeomy, Aug 11, 2008.

1. omeeomy

omeeomy New Member

Just popped in to say i hope both of you are ok. Haven't seen any posts. I guess your are busy with your famlies. I went to hear my son minister last night(Sun). We really suprised him--he didn't know we were comming. He's going back to Alaska Wed. Then in 3wks as soon as he comes home he's flying to Uganda. So please pray for his safety & health. I know God can take care of him--but there is nothing like using a little of wisdom.

Grandkids are back in school. The weather here is beautiful tonight it feels like autum.

Give me a hello when possible.

Blessing~~~~Shirley
  2. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Nice to hear from you both. Shirley- it's true, we do get busy with our families. We've been doing some touch up painting on the house, plus car maintenance- now is a good time before the school year gets going. My boys will start soon after Labor Day, so they will be in sync with the public schools.

Linda- I'm sorry about your not feeling well, plus cut fingers. My MIL is recovering nicely......she has a niece and nephew that take turns spending the night at her house so she's not alone. In the day she has several home health care people that come in to check on her, so we think Iowa is a pretty good place for the elderly. I guess it has more 90 yr. olds percentage wise than the rest of the nation.

I have made several types of jam and last week I made some apricot puree. I think I'll use it as a fat replacer in some baking.....like people do with applesauce. We are coming into peaches and tomatoes soon, so I'll be canning some more.......

Take care and write when you can-
    Terri
  3. omeeomy

omeeomy New Member

Good Evening:

Linda, sorry you cut your fingers it's very easy to do. I hope the weather is better for you. Winter is my hard time. It's very nice here this has been an unsual spring & summer here. It's not been humid here at all which is very different. MY sister is doing great & my neice has to go back to the Dr. in a couple of weeks. She will take chemo again around Christmas. How is your Mom doing back on the Lyrica? I've gained about 3lbs since i've been on it--of course it could be where i cooked all the time.

Terri, i wished my grand-kids didn't have to go back to school until after Labor Day--i know they do to. Tomorrow(Wed) will be 2wks they've been in school. Grand-son in 7th, grand-daughter in 4th. Is your grand children doing good? I talked to mine this afternoon. I'm going to try to go fall school shopping with them Labor Day week-in with them. They will have a long week-in. They won't get to spend much time with their day they next month since he's going to Africa. Didn't know your son has a GF. There always comes that time.

Until next time across the miles:

Blessings~~~Shirley
  4. omeeomy

omeeomy New Member

5. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Sorry for not responding sooner.....lots of projects going on around here. Hubby is putting a rock border all around our house- for neatness and for drainage. It's a lot of work- mostly for hubby and the boys.

Shirley- the grandkids are doing very well. My older granddaughter started at a Christian preschool this past week- she is going in the mornings. She loves it, and my daughter loves having a bit more time to get things done, if the baby will let her! She is like me in that she loves to make jam.....she made 4 different kinds this week! Mostly hers feature native berries, such as blueberries and cranberries and raspberries.
    You mentioned Uganda- a couple in our church just got back from an extended stay there, and they really enjoyed it. I think your son will be fine.

Linda- I know you've had a busy week taking care of your mom....I hope she's feeling better. Hubby's mother found out she'll need more treatments, but that her cancer will come back. She will do both chemo and radiation. She needs to not live alone- she had a bad fall this week and used her button to call for help- but we can't make her move. God is in control.

We found a U-pick peach orchard nearby last night....I had never heard of it. They have wonderful peaches, nectarines, and white nectarines.....later they'll have honey crisp apples and pears. We came home with 30 pounds of peaches!

Take care and write when you can-
    Hugs,
    Terri
    [This Message was Edited on 08/24/2008]
  6. omeeomy

omeeomy New Member

I did a post last night on this new site & it didn't show up so i'm trying again. Just finished cleaning house.

Linda, so good to hear you are doing ok. Sorry your Mom is still feeling bad. Sometime when we get a little older things happen to us--i know it has to me. I,m getting things done at home before i leave tomorrow evening. I'm still going to my grandkids from Friday evening until Sunday sometime. My husband is not to happy--i'm leaving him home this time. My son is back in Alaska so we are going fall shopping this week-in. My son will be leaving the 7th of Sept. for Uganda & will be back the 16th. He won't get home from Alaska until Sept 5th--my 44 anaversary to the same man--oh my. The weather here is good it's rained here the last two days--which we needed. The weather has been really different this yr so far. How's your son & GF doing? My son is back teaching--not married yet.

Terri, it's hard to think your grand-daughter is going to preschool. Mine are back in school 3wks now. They are going to a new school about 5min from their house it only has 449 students & their old school has 869 they are much happier with less students. My daughter-in-law is still at the old school. She doing preschool with a little austic boy. The school the grandkids are going to now is getting a bigger new school it's almost finished they get to go into it in Jan. Your boys only have a few more days before they began again. I'm glad you told me about your friends going to Uganda it made me feel better.

Well go to go supper time until later.

Blessings~~~Shirley
    [This Message was Edited on 08/28/2008]
  7. omeeomy

omeeomy New Member

Just wanted to check in.

Been busy all wk. Didn't come back until Labor Day evening. I was going to come back Sun evening grandkids pleaded for me to stay another night. Of course i did. We had a great time fall shopping for them both. They are set for winter. Went to church with them Sun. My son got home today will leave Sun for Uganda.

Terri, my son said you could feel the weather changing there. I guess your boys are doing school now. How is your son doing now? Is your daughter going to school(the one that was in China).

Linda, has the weather in AZ changed there? It's nice here no rain for a while. You can look at the trees here & the shadow of the evening sun & see fall is comming. I went to Ky then to W. Va & back to Va. the mts are so beautiful now.

Hope all is well with both of your family.

Blessings~~~~Shirley
  8. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Shirley- my daughter is student teaching this fall, then she will be done with school. She is looking forward to finding a job, but realizes that the prospects are slim in the middle of the school year. She can sub in the area and she'll get her old grocery store job back (they love her) so she's doing all right. I guess where she's teaching, they have a system (for discipline) called Fun Friday. They start out the week as a class with 4 stars and they can lose a star if they are not listening, misbehaving, etc. If they have even one star left by Friday, they get a half hour party at the end of the day. Last Friday they were down to one star, so they were really good all day! I wondered if they could ever EARN a star............

Linda- no more storms in your area, I hope. The east coast and south are being threatened with hurricanes now- this is always a challenging time of your for those folks. Your storm almost sounded like a hurricane, minus the ocean water.

Hubby will come back tomorrow from helping Mother to move. She will come out here with her other son soon and will stay at a retirement home. She'll have all her meals and lots of activities there, plus we'll visit often. It will be nice having her here. I hope she adjusts to the move and has peace in her decision.

I hope you both are well and enjoying the change of seasons......well, maybe you're not noticing it yet, Linda. I remember it was October before it finally cooled down in your area. We're having great weather, but my tomatoes are not ripening.....I'll probably have to put them in bags to ripen.

Take care,
    Terri
  9. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

10. omeeomy

omeeomy New Member

Linda, i hope you are ok. Hope to hear from you soon.

Terri, wonderful your daughter is going to be a teacher there are of lots of teachers in our family--of course you my son teaches college--English. I pray she will find a job--and one she will be happy doing. My hubby is out of town today to Veterens Dr. MY son touched down in Uganda last night. So please pray God will keep him & his pastor safe. Their church has a lot of pray partners. Will you tell me again about the people that went to Uganda? I guess you are busy now that you probably teaching again. Hope the move with you MIL goes well and that she will be happy with the move. It's very hard when you get older i'll soon be 65 & i think about it. We just celebrated our 44th wedding anaversay Sept 5.

This new board puzzles me sometimes i will get used to it.

Until later across the miles. Blessings~~~~Shirley
  11. omeeomy

omeeomy New Member

12. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Yes, things are hopping around here...we're getting ready for Mother. I've been lining up doctors for her and that has taken some time. But we're happy she's coming.....she will arrive with hubby's brother on Sept. 27th. We hope to get her place as ready as we can before she gets here. I don't think she's excited to leave (I'm sure she's not) but she feels she needs to get out of the house, so she is relatively at peace with her decision to come.

Shirley- the folks in our church loved Uganda a lot. The people there had a desire to get to church and would walk hours to get there, then hours back home. Most were very poor.....one lady they knew wanted to be a cook but only had a fire to cook on. So they gave her their stove when they left, which really blessed her. Our friends are planning to go back next year and stay 6 months. I think they feel called to be there and they love the people.

Linda- I'm sorry you've been in such a flare. I hope the approaching cooler weather helps you.....but I don't call the 90's cool! I guess it's all relative....What kind of flowers are you going to plant for fall?

We still have tomatoes to harvest, but they are not ripening much. I'll have to put them in paper bags, I guess. I used to pull the whole plant and hang them in the garage in AK, but hubby doesn't like the mess, so I'll use the bags. I think vine ripened are the best.

It promises to be a busy school year....the boys are still in Scouts, plus they will be playing tennis at the school. I'll need to get them there every day at 3:00 through October. Hubby will bring them home.

Take care,
    Terri
  13. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

14. omeeomy

omeeomy New Member

Not much going on around my house this wk-in. I went grocery shopping today & my oldest son & his finace came up. I don't know when they will get married seems like they don't talk about it. I guess he's taking it slow this time. I don't think i told you my daughter-in-law said my son texted her & they are good & said the food was good & the weather is about like here. He'll be back in the states Wed of this wk. & comming home Thur. Does your friends go to Uganda on mission trips? I saw in Prudhoe, Bay is in the 30s & snowing. My son said it would probably be snowing when he goes back. I,m sure your are busy preparing for your MIL & taking care of your family.
    I've had tomatoes for a little while from my garden it took them a while to turn when they did i had a lot at one time. My husband give to family & friends.

Linda, miss hearing from you hope all is well. The weather here hot for the past 2 days. After Mon it's supposed to be in the 70. I so do dread winter.

Blessings~~~~Shirley
    [This Message was Edited on 09/13/2008]
  15. omeeomy

omeeomy New Member