Hey there jmq ... have you filed for SSDI yet?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Engel, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Engel

Engel New Member

or are you just getting all your ducks in a row (like me). I can apply August 13th once the STD ends. I know I will be fired at that point. Are you FM or CFS (or both)?

Your doggie is sooooooooo cute.
  2. jmq

jmq New Member

Thanks for checkin on me. It makes me feel good.

No, I have not taken the step today. All I have done today is make calls...two disability attys that have not called back...a person from my state pension office that gave me a little more info...and got my doctors OK to pick up my records tomorrow.

I think after talking to some attys., I will be able to decide if I am going to try to work OR take the plunge. I just cant imagine driving 45 miles a day again to work five days a week. Nevermind...use my brain . I have learned to LOVE my two naps a day.

I will keep you posted if I learn anything from the attorneys I talk to.

Thank you for the doggie compliment. She is PRINCESS and is my best therapy.

PS. I have FMS ( although I suspect I also have CFS too)

3. Engel

Engel New Member

I am taking the plunge. There is just no way I can return to work.

Take care
  4. jmq

jmq New Member

I DO NOT THINK i can go back to work either. I have been feeling less stress and get more brust of energy but no where the amount it takes to be a paragelal. I will have to talk to my boss soon to see if there are options and help. I have tried for two weeks to reach several disability
    attys but have not found one that can handle all my issues, Pension, LTD and SSDI. I do not want to have to deal with two or three attorneys. I also have cousins visiting this week that will be a distraction from my finding an atty -my mission this week!

Wish me luck and I wish the same to you.