hey this is hensue had swollen fingers! no RA now they say i have lupus!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hensue, Oct 27, 2008.

1. hensue

hensue New Member

I have had fibromyalgia for 12 years diagnosed at emory clinic in atlanta. Doctor said should not be swelling and my ana or whatever is a 3+. Whatever that means, anybody needs to help they got all the blood test back and called yesterday about lupus. now they want me to come in and have further blood test.
    so whats i am scared now. my joints have gone down some but still swollen in hands. i dont know what all this means have no rash hair not thin. he says there are different kinds.
    have i had this all along?
    Thanks hensue
    please i am in nc will not go back till tomorrow blood test thursday and he said they take a while to come back.
    i looked it up and then decided i should not
  2. hensue

hensue New Member

no he says that the swelling and redness and hurting in my fingers is not fibromyalgia.
    i think fibromyalgia and lupus are very similar. in symptoms.
    We will see thanks for your encouragement
  3. RENA0808

RENA0808 Member

I think swollen fingers are due to the fibro!!!

I had to have my wedding ring cut off because my finger was so swollen and sore underneath the ring.

A few months later I had to have my Mums ring cut off my other hand(I wore her wedding ring after she passed away)

It made me quite sad to go through this but I could not stand the pain of the rings...I felt as though my fingers were going to drop off!

I have not replaced my wedding ring yet because I need to go and get measured for new one and I have been wonderering if the same will happen again.
    I have no feeling of swelling when I do not wear any rings.

Just my opinion anyway.