hey waynesrhythm

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by simonedb, Sep 6, 2008.

1. simonedb

simonedb Member

in your post at oilpulling thread you mentioned about wanting to focus on tests this year and getting good ideas for it here

I am thinking and focusing similarly.
    I am curious if you have narrowed the tests down, prioritized them. I would like to figure out what tests I might be able to get done under my insurance and which ones not, have you figured out best place to start and if any could get done with mainstream doc?
  2. Waynesrhythm

Waynesrhythm Member

Hi Simonedb,

Your post caught me a little off guard, as I am getting reading to do a lengthy trip and don't expect to start doing the testing I mentioned for a few more months. And I haven't done my homework yet!

One test that come to mind right away is the primary immunodeiciency test. Txfmmom did a really good post on this and can be accessed at:

<a href="http://www.immunesupport.com/chat/forums/message.cfm?id=1309140&B=FM">I would encourage all to be tested for primary immunodeficiency</a>

Forbearance also did a really good post on gene test called HLA DR. It can be accessed at:

<a href="http://www.immunesupport.com/chat/forums/message.cfm?id=1283400&B=FM">CFS / FM / Lyme: A Genetic Test that's Worth Taking</a>

Right off the top of my head, I feel I should be tested for a lot of the common pathogenic conditions many of us deal with like:

HHV-6
    Epstein Barr
    Chlamydia Pneumonia
    Perhaps some Mold tests

Thyroid and adrenal tests are also very important, which I've already done.

My plan was to start a thread and ask people to make suggestions on what they consider some of the most important tests a person should start with. I probably won't get to it until after my trip however.

It would be great if you were to start such a thread with a nice descriptive title! I'll keep an eye open for it. :)

Regards, Wayne