Hey y'all!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by teacher, May 10, 2009.

1. teacher

teacher New Member

i've been gone for a while.

This CFS and the thyroid cancer stuff wiped me out for a bit, but I'm starting to feel like crawling out of my cave.

Got any good jokes/puns? I need something to pester the lilttle darlings and my peers with until June 8. We're all dying here!

Hugs,

teacher
  2. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Welcome back! Hope you are starting to feel better and that you get stronger every day. Please see my post (I'll bump it up for you) titled "Readers of this post are entitled to". It's goofy and will hopefully give you a laugh.

BTW, What grade do you teach?

Feel good and sending hugs back to you,

Erika
  3. teacher

teacher New Member

I shall look it up post haste.

I teach Music, so I have everyone in the building, K - 6. 500 of 'em!

teacher
  4. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

I don't think I have "met" you here before on the boards but I would like to introduce myself, sort of anyway.

I am so sorry to hear about your having to go through treatments, I am guessing you are sine you said you had thyroid cancer. I know that is no fun for sure. Hope you get your strength back and get to feeling better while you are at work. Teaching music to youngsters sounds really neat. I love music - and have all my life as I am sure you have. I am now in church choir as well as other singing groups. I really enjoy it.

I know you must love teaching those kiddos music. What fun. Hope you feel better and better !

Blessings,

Granni
    [This Message was Edited on 05/10/2009]
  5. teacher

teacher New Member

All I've ever wanted to do was teach, so actually, I'm living my dream. I'm a bit tired of some of them right now, but I actually start missing them by the beginning of August. Too weird.

Just two more days to my Spring Concert and then I can start packing up my room. I will be glad to see this year end. It's been a wee bit stressful! ;)

teacher
  6. sisland

sisland New Member

so sorry to hear of the thyroid cancer!,,but it sounds like your a trooper and sticking it out with the teaching music!,,,summer is just around the corner so maybe you can get some good well deserved rest!,,,,,,,Hugs!,,,sis
  7. jole

jole Member

I don't seem to remember you on for quite awhile....now I know why, and hope you're doing well. Were you able to work through the cancer, or did you need to take quite a bit of time off? I worked with a gal who had mouth cancer, and she never quit for a day....lots of stamina, but of course none of our DDs, which makes a difference. I sure couldn't have done it.

My daughter is a teacher, so I can understand your love of the job and the kids....and also the end of the year need to get away from them! Lol... I hope your concert goes great, and then you have a great summer. ***Jole***
  8. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Well, here's an old riddle of a musical nature.

What's the difference between a bagpipe and a chainsaw?
    You can tune a chainsaw.

Or as somebody said, Erika?, You can tune a piano, but you can't tune a fish.

And then there was the lady who had wheels installed on her piano so she
    could accompany you anywhere.

Do your kids know a good example of dissonance? Two oboes playing
    in unison.

Glad to hear you're feeling a little better.

Rock
  9. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Welcome back Teacher!!!!!!!!!!! I don't believe we have met, but i am glad to meet you now. Also, thank you for teaching our children the wonderful joys of music. I know my it has made my duaghter exceed during her school years. Without music the world would be a boring place.

Take care and thank goodness you are doing much better!!!!!!
  10. teacher

teacher New Member

Thank you for the giggles. I will copy them after my concert tomorrow night. Begin the tormenting next week!

If any of you are curious, I have done some posting over the winter on the Thyroid Disease board. That's the best I could do at the time. Now that I'm feeling a bit better, I'm venturing out of my cave a little.

Glad to see that all you nice people are still here!

I'm exhausted, so I'm going to bed now. I'll check back in this weekend.

Love you!

teacher
  11. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Hope the concert went great! Can't wait to hear about it when you're ready to write some more. Rest easy and feel good.

Warm hugs,

Erika
  12. vivian53

vivian53 Member

What a hard job you have! I am so glad there are people like you. My daughter teaches 7th grade math. Lordy, lordy. She told me a joke last night she got from her students:

They said that Obama would get elected when "pigs fly." And now look what has happened "swine flu."

vivian
  13. vivian53

vivian53 Member

What a hard job you have! I am so glad there are people like you. My daughter teaches 7th grade math. Lordy, lordy. She told me a joke last night she got from her students:

They said that Obama would get elected when "pigs fly." And now look what has happened "swine flu."

vivian