HGH/human growth hormone clinical trials anywhere??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by victoria, Sep 25, 2003.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

I have heard but have been unable to find out about some drug company's clinical trials on human growth hormone, where, if you qualified, you could actually get the injections for free.

I've looked on google, but couldn't find anything... but am rather in a fog - still sick, first shingles, now tonsilitis - so might've missed it.

Does anyone know anything about this? My impression was/is that it has been ongoing but that they might still be accepting new people.

thanks all,
    Victoria
  2. Solstice

Solstice New Member

I called Eli Lilly company to ask them because there was a post on here by lakediver who said to call them to see if they can refer you to an endroconologist who can treat CFIDS and FMS and who can use HGH. However, they did not know of such a service of referring to an endro. and did not know of any clinical trials. However, they did say that if you have your doc call them to ask the same question, they might have more information for you. Something about the doc would be able to talk to a "research manager". The number I called is the clinical trial support center at 1-877 285-4559 he also gave me the number of the human growth foundation and said I might get more info. from them. Their number is 1-800-451-6434. But I have not called there yet.
    Hope this helps. Let me know if you find out anything.

Solstice
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

I'm going to be seeing my doctor in a few weeks so I'm going to talk to him about it then and will give him this info -- will let you know if I do find out anything.

I also did a search -- and found at least one US site that has HGH at a greatly reduced price than what I've heard about, so it might be a possibility even if I didn't officially "qualify."

Victoria
    [This Message was Edited on 09/25/2003]
  4. Solstice

Solstice New Member

what your doc says and what you find out.

Have you been tested for HGH yet? And are you deficient in it?

I am curious where you found that is a reduced cost? Maybe I will readilly find it if I look?

You must live outside the US?

Good luck to you,
    Solstice

[ advertisement ]