HGH, Is it the answer?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shazzy, May 5, 2003.

1. Shazzy

Shazzy New Member

H everyone,

Was wondering about a product called HGH (Human growth hormone).

It sounds like the answer to all our problems and more.

Has any body tried it or advise on it.

Shazzy

2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

We used to have a member, Lakediver, who claimed to get well after having the Hgh injections. To her, it was as good as a cure. I know there have been several others. Do a search and it may bring up some posts if they were not lost in the purge done not too long ago on the board's server.

Some docs do not like the injectible Hgh because it does feed cancer cells in the body. I, personally, consider this too high a risk.

I take the Hgh stimulant which causes the pituitary to manufacture Hgh in the body. It does not carry the cancer risk because it only stimulates the production of Hgh if the body needs it. There is a form of it sold here. I bought mine in liquid form at the healthfood store before I knew ImmunePro sold it. The problem with the liquid which is sprayed under the tongue is that the spray always clogs us and I end up using the thingy which hangs down from the sprayer to drizzle it under my tongue.

I do notice slight differences when I use it, mostly in my skin and libido. Hgh is kind of the mother of all hormones and I believe it helps my other hormones to work better in the body. Hgh is usually produced when we sleep and exercise. Well, as we all know, none of us sleeps normally and most of us cannot exercise at the level we would like.

Love, Mikie
  3. Shazzy

Shazzy New Member

Thanks you two for your remarks on HGH.

I am surprised others have not tried it but i do know it is expensive.

The liquid form you were talking about mikie, what do i look for in immune products.

shazzy
    [This Message was Edited on 05/08/2003]
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I used to take one brand of Hgh, but they started adding Ginkgo to it. Ginkgo gives me headaches. I went to the healthfood store and bought one that has nothing else added. It's a bovine product and I made sure it came from the U.S.

Love, Mikie
  5. sb439

sb439 New Member

I thought hgh (human growth hormone) was only given as injections (monthly costs in the US $2500, and possible side-effects of the unpleasant kind, e.g. cancer), and that the stuff you can take orally are human growth hormone secretagogues? Am I all wrong, and one *can* get hgh to take orally? if yes, are there *any* studies that show the oral version works at all?
    Many thanks,
    Susanne
  6. kalina

kalina New Member

My endocrinologist ran me through the fasting IGF-1 test and found that my IGF-1 level (HGH) was very low. But the numbers showed that my pituitary is still capable of manufacturing HGH. I take an amino acid supplement I have to drink that is supposed to help jump-start production of HGH. It's the second worst-tasting thing I've ever had to choke down (medicinal tea brewed from fresh roots and fungi I bought from a Chinese drug store was probably the worst), so I'd REALLY rather take the HGH supplements or secretagogues. I asked my doc if I could try them, but she said they were "worthless."

It would be nice to find conclusive evidence that they work, though. Until then I guess I'm stuck having to drink this nasty stuff every day.

Kalina
  7. bakron

bakron New Member

If you are considering replacement therapy, request that your doctor confirm the need for it by a special growth hormone test called a stimulation test. The human growth hormone is also called "somatotropin." It is a protein of 191 amino acids. The GH-secreting cells are stimulated to synthesize and release GH by the intermittent arrival of growth hormone releasing hormone (GHRH) from the hypothalamus. If there is a problem with the process, the stimulation test will show it.

GH promotes body growth by binding to receptors on the surface of liver cells this stimulates them to release insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1; also known as somatomedin) IGF-1 acts directly on the ends of the long bones promoting their growth. Pituitary abnormalities in childhood, hyposecretion of GH produces the stunted growth of a dwarf, and hypersecretion leads to gigantism. In adults, a hypersecretion of GH leads to acromegaly.

Medical studies that discuss the proven benefits of HGH are based upon the injectable form (iHGH) - (only available via prescription & expensive).

The benefits of injectable HGH are primarily desirable changes in body composition, from fat reduction to muscle mass increases. Most products being marketed as dietary supplements or secretagogues have limited potential for increasing HGH. While iHGH has shown a number of benefits, none of those benefits as of yet have been objectively measured with oral tablets, capsules or sprays.

All medical studies that have been discussed about on the proven benefits (through “double-blind” or unbiased studies) of HGH are based upon the injectable form (iHGH). And as discussed, the injectable form is only available by prescription and is expensive.

A "study" exists and has been very well circulated among the anti-aging medical community, examining the clinical effects of an oral HGH spray. This “Waveland” study tested the effectiveness of an oral HGH spray (150 mg per day) on quality of life and on IGF-1 levels in 18 healthy subjects, ages 30­65. They reported 13 out of 18 patients had a significant increase in IGF-1 levels; two subjects had little or no change; and three subjects had lowered IGF-1 levels. Self-reported comments on quality of life included increases in strength; endurance and sex drive as well as deeper sleep, better complexion and weight loss. [Note: This study was not a placebo-controlled, randomized trial, so it suffers from many biases.]

Hormone-replacement therapy GH from domestic mammals like cows and pigs does not work in humans. For many years, the only source of GH for therapy was that extracted from the glands of human cadavers. But this supply was shut off when several patients died from a rare neurological disease attributed to contaminated glands. Now, thanks to recombinant DNA technology, recombinant human GH is utilized. Be sure the product that you use isn't made with animal GH by questioning the supplier or by reading the label.
  8. athome

athome New Member

Yes, tried HGH at higher dose (Physicians Blend HGH 5 sprays,5X/Day) for 11 months. I had good results: more energy, clearer brain. Ran out & couldn't afford it until 5 months passed. I think it was most important in gettig me through VERY heavy schedule of gardening, travel, 2 weddings of my kids in 4 months. Took about 4 months before I noticed significant results. Have had severe relapse Since Jan 2003. Somewhat better now w/ HGH, supplements, Neurontin (gabapentin),Low doses of Flexeril(10mg)at bedtime, 25mg Trazadone every other night. MUCH more rest is helping a lot, but I want to do sooo much more around here that I'm fighting w/ myself a lot.
  9. sofy

sofy New Member

Can you give me the name of this awful amino acid brew. I would be happy to drink a nasty brew for a tiny bit of life. thanks
  10. sofy

sofy New Member

as I understand it you took the spray 5 x per day and felt much better. How long at this dose did it take you to feel any difference? Were you taking anything else when you first took it. I know you listed several drugs you are taking now but am not sure you were taking them for the original 11 months. Also how long did one of those very expensive bottles last you at 5Xper day? Thanks
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Is not Hgh per se; it stimulates my body to produce its own Hgh. It is a bovine product, as I mentioned, but it is not useless. I notice a definite difference when I use it. Many of our medications and supplements are animal products. I don't care what studies say, I go by how I feel and the differences I notice.

Love, Mikie
  12. jazzkid

jazzkid New Member

It does look like HGH may be an answer but before I spend 350+ bucks a month on it I'm looking for some success stories. It looks like "athome's" story is positive but it is not a cure. I guess the danger is thinking I can become my old type A self again. Any success stories? I'm noticing that the more I do exercise related things, like walks and mowing the lawn the more my body adapts to it. However my first walk which was 4 miles this year put me on my ass for a week and it has taken a month to be able to handle my lawn mower for half a small lawn. I am dealing with a lumbar disc rupture that had me on my behind for 2 months with way too much percoset starting back in November. I was in good shape just before that after working an apat. rehab project for a month. I have had to come back from that also.
    These are the things that I find work for me:
    1. Chiropractic for general body health.
    2. Homeopathic remedy from a good homeopath. I think it was chromium sulfate in tiny doses for 3 days. every 6 weeks. But see your homeopath, don't just folow my remedy as it may be dangerous for you.
    3. Leaving a stressful relationship - big help.
    4. Supplements including NADH, Echinacia (on & off), vitamins, gingko biloba, dhea, St John wort.
    Most people wouldn't know I have CFS except if I over do it and my eylids droop. But I know I have it. Thanks for your time.
    Jazzkid
  13. tansy

tansy New Member

I made the BIG mistake of bringing possible low levels of HGH up with my haematologost. He just jumped in saying he hoped I didn't expect him to give me injections +++.

Well about 5 minutes later I managed to butt in successfully saying I felt low levels were contributing to my lack of muscle repair problems. That maybe this was because all the indications are that not only do I sleep little but it's highly unlikely I reach stage 4. Without proper sleep how was I supposed to heal or improve.

He could accept that.

But his solution showed, yet again, no real understanding of these DDs, yet he will diagnose CFS.

Good luck in your search for info, be good to hear what you decide.

Cheers

Tansy
    [This Message was Edited on 05/21/2003]
  14. AJME

AJME New Member

Dear Shazzy,

My doc wants to perform a stimulation test on me when I can afford it. He wants to take my HGH levels after I do a treadmill stress test. If you have much lower then average HGH levels then this could be the answer.

HGH is released at night during sleep also and repairs your body muscles. I heard that this is why we ache up stiff and sore.....not enough HGH.

Thanks.
  15. athome

athome New Member

HI ALL---

SORRY NOT TO HAVE GOTTEN BACK TO THIS SOONER. HERE'S MY HGH STORY---

I DIN'T GO THRU EXPENSIVE TESTING. WITH ALL THE OTHER STUFF I WAS HAVING GOOD RESULTS WITH, IT JUST SEEMED I NEEDED THE BOOST THIS GAVE ME.

THE PHYSICIANS BLEND COORDINATOR ASKED ME TO START AT 5 SPRAYS, 3X/DAY FOR TWO MONTHS AND THEN BACK OFF. I FOUND THAT WHEN I DECREASED IT TO 3SPRAYS,3X/DAY I FELT WORSE, SO STAYED AT 5 FOR TEN MONTHS.

THOSE WERE THE BEST TEN MONTHS I HAD IN 12 YEARS!!

BECAUSE I WAS RUNNING LOW ON THE HGH AND ON MONEY, I BACKED OFF TO 3SPRAYS,3X/DAY AND SOMETIMES, FEELING WELL, DIDN'T TAKE IT AT ALL.

FOR ME THAT WAS A HUGE MISTAKE.

SOMEONE MENTIONED HERE THAT MAYBE I WOULDN'T BRING BACK TO FORMER TYPE A--BEHAVIOR LEVEL. ALSO A HUGE MISTAKE ON MY PART. ACTED AS IF I COULD PUSH AND PUSH MYSELF. "NO,NO NANETTE!!"

BECAUSE OF SERIOUS OVERDOING, I AM PAYING NOW W/MONTHS OF WORST RELAPSE IN YEARS.

HAVE ONCE AGAIN INVESTED IN THE HGH---COSTS ME AROUND $350 FOR A TEN MONTH SUPPLY OF 12 BOTTLES.

WILL WAIT TO REPORT HOW IT'S IMPROVING ME IN A COUPLE MONTHS. ONE IMMEDIATE RESULT IS GREATLY IMPROVES BRAIN FOG.

SO EVEN IF I'M MOSTLY IN BED EXCEPT FOR VERY MILD POOL EXERCISE THESE DAYS, I CAN READ AND MANAGE TO GET ON THIS BOARD.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL. NANA
  16. NATUREGIRL

NATUREGIRL New Member

I ordered my HGH from natures youth after hearing G Gordon Liddy talk about it on his talk radio and he takes this same thing himself he says. It cost me with shipping $248.86 for a 3 month supply.

It is a powder and you put it in water and drink it as it fizzles before going to bed. I slept better and woke up feeling more rested then ever before. I believe it really works. I am getting ready to order more.

I was just recently told that I have possible fibro/lupus but my doctor wants me to see an endocrinologist. Good luck to all of you and take care.

Suzanne
  17. jazzkid

jazzkid New Member

Where are you getting your G Gordon Liddy HGH?
    Thanks
  18. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

Hi,

I took the product sold here by Vespro and it helped
    me a lot. Turned my sleep cycles back to the right
    order. It stopped working after I stopped taking it for
    the three weeks they suggest after being on it
    for three months. THey told me they hadn't heard
    that from anyone else and to add the spray, too.
    I never did add the spray and stopped the product.
    I see that now they have added some things I
    don't like so if I decide to start again, I will
    look around. It gave me my life back for three
    months. I was by no means terrific or cured, but
    functional at least.
    Lynn

PS My endo did a GH1 test and I was low.
  19. NATUREGIRL

NATUREGIRL New Member

Hello Jazzkid and all.....I got my HGH from nature's youth. J. Gordon Liddy uses it and highly recommends it. I hope this helps. You can go to their site and order it.

Love and good health to you all. Love, Suzanne