HHV6, EBV, CMV specific Transfer Factor

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sceptical, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Sceptical

Sceptical New Member

Any idea abouut how to order Brewer's TF? It seem to have a very good effect according to him. Please let me know about your experiences as well.
    take care
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

They have been one of the most beneficial treatments I have done. By calling the 1-800 number for the store, you can find out which viruses are targeted by which TF. Good luck to you. BTW, you can also read about the TF's at the store here. You can use the search feature or the A-Z search to find them. ProHealth's products are of the highest quality and priced well. It is the proceeds from sales of products here which provides these boards. More than $3 million from sales has been donated to research into, and advocacy for, our illnesses.

Love, Mikie
  3. deepak

deepak Member

Are the ones they sell here the same ones Dr Brewer does ?

Another question I have is this - Is there any danger in taking a targeted TF if one may not have that pathogen in the first place ?

You take a general one and a targeted one together right ?

4. Sceptical

Sceptical New Member

Unfortunately, clinical researches do NOT support the claim that TF in general has any clinical significance. Only HHV6, EBV, CMV, etc specific TF are able to confer any benefit to patients. Pathogen which hide (live) in the nervous system cannot be eradicated without specific treatment. Just take a look at the web page of HHV6 foundation and clinical papers. Relying on my experience, treatment with immunomodulating agents AND VSL3 probiotics and specific antiviral therapies are necessary to achieve any results. Because I do not have money just to try things out and bc there are many-many dietary supplement on the market without any proven benefit, I always rely on clinical researches and research papers. I cannot cure myself.

The upshot is that clinical researches emphasize that while TF in general does not impart any useful information to the immune system, pathogen specific TF does.

Any suggestion where I could get it?

Deepack, I am not a doctor but I do not think that TF may be dangerous. It conferes protection against some viral infection. If you do not have them, you cannot expect anything special. The underlying reason is that TF imparts information to your body. However, some patients experience flareup from using TF or ANY OTHER immunomodulating agents. No one will be in the position to judge it in advance. I profited enormously from Nexavir while others not. GcMAF is extremely helpful to some while pernicious to a few. It depends on how your immune system responds to the treatment, what is your genetic profile, etc. TF is not a particularly lond acting agent. I do not think you should have a fear.
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

If one knows which chronic virus(es) one has, it makes it easy to pick the TF which targets that/those virus(es). Otherwise, one has to try the one which seems to be the most obvious. Just taking colostrum or the general TF's will help the immune system but only the TF's which target specific pathogens will really help confer immunity. TF's are like little oral vaccines and they are very strong. That is why I went so slowly when I took them. I never knew which virus(es) I had but the TF's caused a strong immune reaction and, eventually, strong Herx-like reactions.

Herpes-Family viruses never leave the body but they can be kept in a latent state with a strong immune system. If they reactivate, a booster of TF's will usually drive them back into latency. The problem is when the immune system gets lazy and the pathogens go stealth and chronic. TF's wake up the immune system.

Hope this helps.

Love, Mikie
  6. spacee

spacee Member

When I found out that Kutapressin was no longer to be made (now made as
    Nexavir), I was at my mother's telling her the delemia. I was trying to decide
    if I should try Transfer Factors. She said 'I have some!! In the refridge!! Take
    it!! My brother is an MD and he had wanted her to be on a general TF just to
    help her immune system in her late 70's. Of course, mother never took it, she
    was strong as a horse. But I took the general. I took two of them. I could tell
    they were doing something beneficial for me.

I got home and ordered the targeted TF's from Prohealth. Back then they had
    a wider selection. With time the help from targeted TF's was better than
    Kutapressin. I slowly worked up to walking/exercise classes at the gym 6
    hours a week. That was all I could do though. No friends. But saw ppl at the
    gym and at church.

However, I will tell you the truth, not everyone has this good of experience.
    One online friend did experience temporary paralysis. And another didn't have
    good reactions either. We are all different.

As far as the general TF goes. The year that my twin took it (she worked in
    a hospital lab) she did NOT get the flu though co workers did. And she had
    touched every machine they had. But that is just her experience and who knows what it does for others. She no longer takes it. She also had CFS
    and recovered. How? Her own immune system though she did take astralagas.

Like Mikie...hope this helps! Mikie knows more about the immune system than
    anyone on the board. (IMHO).

7. spacee

spacee Member

My Twin does not test positive for EBV and I do since the age of about 13 yo.
    They are learning much more about EBV and that may have compromised
    my immune system so I didn't recovered like my twin. You should see how
    much energy she has!!

8. deepak

deepak Member

Does anyone know if prohealth makes any broad based targeted TF like Plasymc ?? If so, I would definitely want to order from them than someone else as they have given us so much thanks to this board. This has become like a friend and family to me.

Love all.
  9. Sceptical

Sceptical New Member

No offense but it was not particularly helpful Mikie. I am compelled to take dietary supplements which have proven efficacy. I am HHV6 and EBV positive. My medical condition has improved tremendously over the past few years (I work out in the gym) but I am far from healthy.

No time and resources to experiment. I strictly focus on the results of clinical trials or quasi cilincal trials (GcMAF).

The efficacy of non targeted TF has never been confirmed or proven.

Question 1:
    Does Prohealt offer targeted TF? I think it does not bc it does not advertise its products as such.

Question 2.: Where can I obtain HHV6 and EBV specific TF?

Question 3: Is it possible to order TF to Europe (frozen)

10. spacee

spacee Member

Prohealth does offer the targeted TF's you mentioned, Adam. They do not
    advertise it as such because of the FDA coming down so hard on labs that
    were making the TF's.

You have to get the info from them by calling their 800-366-6058. I'm not
    sure about sending to Europe. Does seem like they were sending to Ireland
    a few years ago. I think it has to be overnite. I can call and ask, if you wish.

I am very curious about the Mycpla (?). I am going to place an order with
    Chis. and I will ask them if they know about it. It seems to be the exact
    same thing I take but split into 2 capsules.

I prefer buying from Prohealth, too but, at this time, they don't offer what I need. I am glad to hear the GcMAF has helped you, Adam.

11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Take Spacee's advice and contact ProHealth. They can answer your questions.

Love, Mikie
  12. deepak

deepak Member

Dear spacee,

Whats the mycpla you are talking about ? :)

13. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Almost everyone will test pos. for EBV because almost all of us have been exposed to it or had an active infection. EBV, like many other infections, can go stealth and chronic in the body. This means it has learned how to hide out from the immune system, which has stopped fighting it. Viruses are extremely clever in tricking the immune system. One needn't have an active infection to have the virus thriving inside. This is especially true where excess fibrin is present in the blood. The fibrin traps platelets and forms clumps. The viruses, and other pathogens, can hide out in these clumps. BTW, paradoxically, one can hemmorhage with thick blood from excess fibrin because the trapped platelets cannot get to the wound site to clot the blood.

DNA tests can be performed to try to find stealth viruses but if the blood isn't carefully drawn, tested in a timely manner, and carefully handled, there can be false neg. results. My HMO/PPO would not pay for such testing so my docs and I had to proceed empirically. A big Herx-like reaction following taking Famvir convinced us that I should continue to take the AV. Even after 1 1/2 yrs. pulsing the AV's, the TF's caused very harsh Herx-like purging. I've always taken those reactions as evidence that the AV's or TF's are working, causing a big dieoff of pathogens.

While our own immune systems are wonderful at killing pathogens when they are working properly, it is this very efficacy which, I believe, can lead to autoimmune diseases. Viruses are notorious for using DNA to fool the immune system. If the immune system mistakes the body's cells for foreign invaders, it will turn on itself. The same is true for bacteria, like mycoplasmas and Lyme, which invade red blood cells, replicate, and burst the cells so the new bacteria can go into the bloodstream in search of new cells to infect and use for replication. When the blood cells burst, they may have some of the bacteria's DNA on them or, the bacteria may carry some of the body's DNA on it when it enters the bloodstream. This can cause autoimmunity.

Dr. Nicolson was concerned that if I didn't get my mycoplasma infection under control, I could develop an autoimmune illness. It took more than a decade after initial infection with the mycoplasma but I now have Sjogren's Syndrome. Many of us have both immune and autoimmune illnesses. Researchers are just starting to find out how serious these infections can be, both initially and long term. Strangely, when I started to take the ABX for the mycoplasmas, they became much more active so the treatment can add to the long-term problems. Doctors will often give patients ABX prior to the PCR DNA tests in order to increase the bacteria count.

I think if one assumes that one may have stealth infections and if one takes steps to eliminate them, or drive them into latency, it helps with healing. I do not believe we can heal as long as we carry infections which use our bodies as incubators for their survival.

Love, Mikie
  14. deepak

deepak Member

Dear Mikie,

So is taking a broad targeted TF and seeing if I get herx a good idea since here in India I dont have all the pathogen tests available. If I herx, then I could continue taking it , assuming I have atleast one of the pathogens the TF targets ?

I am taking the nattokinase since 2 weeks now , 4000 FU. It seems to help in some symptoms like head aches less and get hardly any wavy, dizzy feeling in head now. I was wondering if you have also tried serrapeptase or lumbrokinase - read some articles saying lumbro is more potent and effective than natto.

15. spacee

spacee Member

Mikie is having some injections done tomorrow and probably isn't on the
    board today cause of having to stop some of her regular meds and how
    hard that is on her.

If you don't get a message in a couple of days, you could ask her again.

16. mary01

mary01 New Member

Mikie, I'm very interested in your experience with these two treatments. I was on Valcyte for 9 months and did notice some improvement, but I have regressed since I've been off it. Yes, I did relapse some when I started it. I would like to go back on it and combine it with the TFs. My levels of HHV6, EBV, and CMV are all indicative of a relapse.

Specifically, how did you pulse the AV and how and when did you introduce the TFs?

One other question: I have a dairy allergy and wonder if this will translate into a reaction to the colustrum????

Thanks for any help you might give me, Mikie.

Let's all keep moving toward health.

17. spacee

spacee Member

I think she will see this but if she doesn't, you might do a new post to her.

18. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Sorry I wasn't here later in the day yesterday. It was one of those days which got away from me with an unexpected teeth cleaning at 4:00 due to a cancellation my hygienist had. But, I digress...

There is disagreement about whether the AV's and TF's should be used together. It is my nonprofessional and humble opinion that they should not be used together but I have no scientific evidence to support it.

I had facial surgery and was given Famvir as a preventive measurre to protect my eyes from any Herpes-Family infection; I had an eyelid lift. I went into a complete, but temporary, remission of all symptoms of FMS and CFIDS/ME. This was a clue to my doc and me that I had a Herpes-Family stealth and chronic infection. So, I took Famvir, and later Acyclovir, for about 1 1/2 years. How to pulse this and ABX is a trial-and-error proposition. After about six months or so, I started to go off the AV to see how long I could stay off of it before the symptoms returned. Eventually, I was able to stay off completely. I did the same with ABX for the mycoplasma infection which triggered my illnessess full blown.

I was doing pretty well off the AV's but learned of the TF's and decided to try them. They are sooooo much more effective than AV's that I had to initially only put a bit of the powder in the capsules under my tongue until I could tolerate whole capsules. I had very strong Herx-like reactions. If you call the store here at 1-800-366-6056, they can tell you which TF targets which pathogens. BTW, according to ProHealth, all milk proteins and lactose are removed from the colostrum base so they do not cause allergic reactions.

Another key factor to my healing was taking Heparin injections which are no longer available to individuals. ProHealth sells Nattokinase which is even more effective at ridding the bloodstream of excess fibrin. Pathogens hide in these fibrin/platelet clumps. I suggest doing the Nattokinase after the TF's because when the fibrin clumps dissolve, it releases a lot of pathogens into the bloodstream. I would think taking AV's with the Natto would be a better choice only to reduce the possibility of such a large Herx that it could be like toxic shock syndrome. Or, you can simply take the Natto by itself.

All this should be coordinated with your doc. Don't be surprised if he or she knows nothing of this and doesn't believe it will help. It's still important to let our docs know what we are doing.

I do not believe we can heal as long as our bodies are home to infections, some of which are so wily that they successfully hide from our immune systems. AV's and ABX can only do so much. I believe we need the TF's and Natto as a mop-up operation to push the pathogens into latency. BTW, it is sometimes necessary to take "booster capsules" of TF's even after we are no longer taking them on a regular basis.

I fought for healing by considering the pathogens little terrorists in my body. I fought them on as many fronts as possible to rid my body of them. Best of luck to you in your own war on them.

Love, Mikie

Spacee, thanks so much for bumping this. You are a wealth of info on TF's yourself.
    [This Message was Edited on 02/01/2012]
  19. deepak

deepak Member

Dear Mikie,

So is taking a broad targeted TF and seeing if I get herx a good idea since here in India I dont have all the pathogen tests available. If I herx, then I could continue taking it , assuming I have atleast one of the pathogens the TF targets ?

I am taking the nattokinase since 2 weeks now , 4000 FU. It seems to help in some symptoms like head aches less and get hardly any wavy, dizzy feeling in head now. I was wondering if you have also tried serrapeptase or lumbrokinase - read some articles saying lumbro is more potent and effective than natto.

20. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I also read that about the lumbro but because the natto worked so well for me, I just kept on with that. One reason was that I read of a study with the natto in which it outpaced heparin in clearing the fibrin.

I took both the targeted TF's at the same time to cover all the potential pathogens which I figured I probably had. I never took the one for mycoplasmas because I didn't know about it and the Doxycycline had already put my infection into latency. You can open the capsules and sprinkle a little powder from each one under the tongue at the same time. Nontargeted TF's are for strengthening the immune system. The kinds of pathogens in the targeted TF's hide from the immune system so no matter how strong it may be, it isn't even aware of the infections right under it's own nose.

Love, Mikie