HHV6 titres question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sb439, Nov 7, 2002.

1. sb439

sb439 New Member

six month ago my HHV6 titres were 1:160, now they are 1:40 (different lab, though). I guess this is good. But I have no idea what it means. Is the goal to get to 1:1? Anyone here knowledgeable?
    Thanks!
    Susanne
  2. sb439

sb439 New Member

six month ago my HHV6 titres were 1:160, now they are 1:40 (different lab, though). I guess this is good. But I have no idea what it means. Is the goal to get to 1:1? Anyone here knowledgeable?
    Thanks!
    Susanne
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Can't help, but am bumping for you. I know others are familiar with all this.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. sb439

sb439 New Member

... there must be someone who knows about this?
    Thanks. Susanne
  5. lilladybug

lilladybug New Member

Susanne,
    Hi! Can help a little if you let me know which one was a ratio of 1:160. Was it your IGG or IGM levels? And sorry different labs do have different results!

There should be a reference on the sheet too as to what levels are considered normal.

High Normal
    1:160 > 1:10

it should read something like this? Do you see this on your test?
    Also if it is your IGG it is your bodies "antibodies" to the HHV-6 and that will be elevated for a while (some forever) but will slowly decrease...making antibodies is not a bad thing it means your body has identified the culprit and is trying to make an antibody "against" it....IGM on the other hand is an "active" viral infection...and there are many more tests to tell such a PCR etc.
    Also many docs say that with CFIDS you can have crossreactivation to another virus and that will askew the results ...so we may have different results one day and the immune system may fight harder another day and the tests go up and down...etc. I will check back to see your response hope I can help!!

hugs

Lilladybug!

6. lilladybug

lilladybug New Member

Bumpity bump bump bump!
  7. sb439

sb439 New Member

many thanks for your response and bumping. My doctor gave me the results over the phone, and is sending a copy by post. Once I have that (hopefully tomorrow) I will give you the details you're asking for. Many thanks for offering your help.
    love,
    Susanne