Hi 1magt or anyone taking Cipro

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by VickyB, Jan 5, 2003.

1. VickyB

VickyB New Member

What does the Cipro do? How does it help FMS? Does it help with energy or brain fog or sleep?
    Thanks, Sleeper01
  2. 1maqt

1maqt New Member

Cipro, is an antibiotic which helps eith the infectious part of FM. I take Doxipin for Depress., Soma for muscle relaxer.

Just got the Cipro, and will be taking 500 mgs 2xday for 2 wks, 500mg 1x day for two wks, then 200mgs 1x day for 4wks.
    The Dr and I will be monitoring the effects of the cipro.It is a little different than the run of the mill antibiotics?

The other meds oar Neurontin, neurological drug it is used
    for parkinsons, epelipsy, and neurological disorders.
    then I take Aambien, which is supposed to work on the stage 4 sleep, which supposidly what we have a major problem with.

Have been taking these for four days, so far, I have felt better than I have in months. Is it a fluke?? I will keep posting as I go along. Have had FMS 28 yrs. Nothing has done this well...

The FMS has racked my body with other maladys that are depressing just ot list, so I won't. I also have 6 children, and 18 grands, am 58 yrs old, married 43 yrs in
    April to the same man!! Not all is roses. But God is good

Hope this helps, please feel free to ask 1maqt
  3. VickyB

VickyB New Member

I have taken the Neurotin several years ago (I remember that it made me sleepy) Do you take the Neurotin at night or during the day. How did your doctor know you needed Cipro? Did he give you a test or did he go by your symptoms. I have learned so much from this board. Thank you for taking the time to answer me.
    Sleeper01
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Cipro, Azithromycin, and Doxycycline are prescribed for chronic bacterial infections, usually in the mycoplasma family. Sixty to seventy percent of us with FMS/CFS have chronic mycoplasma infections.

Do a search on the word, mycoplasmas, and it will bring up all the posts dealing with this topic. You can also use a search engine and find lots of info on mycoplasmas. We also have articles in our library. There is a good one by Dr. Garth Nicolson on the Home Page right now that you can read.

Love, Mikie
  5. coal

coal New Member

Hi Vicky

I took cipro for a sinus infection supposedly but I also had FMS I am not sure it just wasnt the FMS, but anyway Please do your research on Cipro before you take it . I experienced some wierd symptoms and I cannot be sure it wasnt the cipro. Get on Drugvictims.org and you will find out that it can cause neuropathy which is beyond explaination. You dont want this dangerous drug unless you absolutely need it. It is overprescribed. Doctors are unfamilar with Neuropathy associated with this drug but just ask a pharmacist. Take heed.