Hi again

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Red1967, May 8, 2003.

1. Red1967

Red1967 New Member

I think I introduced myself here a couple of weeks ago (fog):lol And since apparently this board moves incredibly fast, it's probably several pages back now.
    so, I wanted to say 'HI' again!
    I've probably had fms all my life, but was diagnosed just over a year ago. since then, things have gotten progressively worse. By the time I got sick enough to really pitch a fit and get a diagnosis, I was *really* sick. So the standard treatments have been tried and failed. I've gone through several incompetent docs, and finally seem to have found some with at least enough brain to say they aren't sure what all is going on.
    Besides fms, I have some really horrid gyn problems, with no explanation, despite every test in the book; bladder problems that may or may not be neurological, or interstitial cystitis, or both; neurological problems that are giving abnormal test results, but nothing clear, and may or may not be MS; symptoms of sjorgren's syndrome, but no diagnosis yet; Bipolar type 1 disorder; agoraphobia; borderline personality disorder; and possibly Asperger's Syndrome - a high functioning form of autism.
    Other than that, I'm fine, LOL!
    I have a wonderful, supportive husband, for 17 years now - I believe he's heaven sent. I have a beautiful 15 year old daughter, who also has fms and bipolar - she's getting treatment much earlier than I did, so maybe she won't get in such bad shape. I also have 3 canine children - Scooter, Poky, and Dude; Scooter and Dude are border collies, and Poky is a black lab/hound mix.

Now, I'm going to look around at all the new info that was posted since I was here last! And in the future, I'll try to keep up!
  2. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Just wanted to welcome you to this message board. You are right, things can move fast here. It seems like lately that we are getting more posts-probably because of FM Awareness Day on May 12. Some of us here are trying to do something that day to help spread the word.

Anyway, hope you find this place to be as comforting and supportive as I have. Sounds like you have a full plate with yourself and your daughter, too.

Ellen
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Red, don't remember if I welcomed you before, so am welcoming you now!

You will find some good advice, and much support here, we do have some wonderful members on this site.

You are right, this board is moving like a race car for the last week. We have to check the backlog for new posts everyday lately, that we might have missed.

Sorry you are having so many problems right now, but sure glad to hear you have a supportive husband. Thats a big plus for all of us.

I also have Furkids, five of them, Boomer (Pit Bull), Daisy Mae (white Boxer), KoKo (found on the roadside, just a black beauty!), Foxy Lady (Another castaway, red and sassy), and the last one 'Penny' (found in a supermarket, little gal, brindle color, weighs about 3lbs!). My husband says if there is a stray dog around, it sees a big sign on my forehead;' SUCKER'! Don't know what I would do without them. Best company in the world.

Glad to have you join us, and hope we hear from you often.

Shalom, Shirl