Hi all-ACL surgery went well! I been home since Thursday

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by griswoldgirl, Jan 26, 2003.

1. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

They sent me home with a nerve block in my leg so the pain was not bad at all for the first two days. MY pain level has not been as bad as first surgery. The nerve block was a lifesaver. They also sent me home with a cooling system that pumps continious cold water into a pack around my knee from a cooler full of ice and water-it is awesom--less pain meds needed because of it.

I start physical therapy tomarrow and the real work begins.

I know I did the right thing, my ACL was only partially torn when they went in in October to fix the meniscus and when they went in on the 22nd, it had severed the rest of the way and that was what was causing so much trouble with healing.

Cannot talk long, got to get back on ice been up for an hour or so getting kids off to school.

take care

-------go Tampa!!! Superbowl was good fun!!!

hope all are well

Cathy
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thanks for the update. Glad things are going so well for you. Yeah, the Bucs are awesome!!!

Love, Mikie
  3. stillafreemind

stillafreemind New Member

I am so glad to see you on here and so glad you are getting along so well this time around. That cooler system sounds excellant!

Try not to overdue..and I am sure that therapy will not be too comfortable for a while..but in the long run..you are gonna feel like a new woman!!

Have a great day...Sherry
  4. darlamk

darlamk New Member

I'm glad to hear you are home & it went well. My husband used one of those ice water deals when he had an injury and they are great! I hope your recovery is speedy. Take care & keep that leg up!!
    sincerely,
    Darla
  5. teach6

teach6 New Member

I'm so glad to hear your surgery went well and that it was indeed the right thing to do. Good luck with the PT. I know you are a determined woman so I'm sure you will give it your all.

Thanks for letting us know how you are doing.

Barbara