Hi all! An update.

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by kar1953, Jul 14, 2003.

1. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

Hi everyone! Just wanted to let you all know that my nephew is doing great. It's been a month tomorrow that he got his early release from prison. I want to thank everyone who said prayers for him. I appreciate it more than you know.

He & I have become as close as we used to be. He calls me almost everyday & I go in to visit when I can.

I haven't abandoned this worship board! My computer has been on the fritz for about 3 weeks. It has been a real pain to me!! My computer doc was here yesterday & it took him 6 1/2 hrs. to fix the problems! Boy, do I owe him big time.

Anyway, if anyone needs a prayer, just say so. I've been praying for everyone even tho I haven't been able to let you know. Hope everyone is doing well.

Take care....Kathi
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Kathi, you have no idea how happy your post made me feel. I so love the young people and pray with all my heart for them.

This is a hard world they are coming up in, and its so hard to not get into trouble. Its just everywhere.

God hears prayers and we do know when we are praying for the young ones that we are surely praying within His will for them.

Thanks for the wonderful news, and will continue to pray for this young man.

You are a good aunt to be so close to him, I know that must mean so much to him.

Blessings going out to both of you.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

for your support. His self esteem is pretty low right now. But we are working on that! I never fail to tell him I love him & that he can do anything he sets his mind to. I also keep telling him that he has a chance to start fresh; make new friends & a new job (if he ever finds one). I really feel that he has learned his lesson - he paid dearly for over 4 years for his wrong doing.

He has written me in the past (while in jail) & told me how ashamed he is & how he has let the family down. But I tell him, everyone makes mistakes, you must learn from them & move on. We still love him unconditionally - that's what families do!

I'm sure it will take an adjustment period to get back into the "real world" - we just need to help him through this next phase of his life.

I continue to pray for him - & I thank you for your continued prayers.

Take care....Kathi
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

We always love good news here.

Love, Mikie