hi all, as I read about many of the symtoms that are

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cheryl, Aug 21, 2002.

1. cheryl

cheryl New Member

mentioned on this web they are the same as mine were, The Doctors finding me with a Chiari Malformation. Some of the same symtoms mentioned>>high sed rate, High liver enzenzes>> nausea-vomiting>> burning in extremities>> hip, leg diaorders and pain>> weak>>tired>> headachs>>High Alkaline Phosphaate level>> bavl pain>> shoulder and arm wekness>>depression>>......Since the surgery june 13 most of these symtoms are leaving>>mainly the loss of memory>>> the brain fog is leaving almost totally. Oh one more Low blood pressure. Please check out the many Chiari webs. Just type in Chiari malformation and many sites will tell you about it, The most credible NS In US are doing reaserch and surgerys for this problem>> wildfire
  2. cheryl

cheryl New Member

mentioned on this web they are the same as mine were, The Doctors finding me with a Chiari Malformation. Some of the same symtoms mentioned>>high sed rate, High liver enzenzes>> nausea-vomiting>> burning in extremities>> hip, leg diaorders and pain>> weak>>tired>> headachs>>High Alkaline Phosphaate level>> bavl pain>> shoulder and arm wekness>>depression>>......Since the surgery june 13 most of these symtoms are leaving>>mainly the loss of memory>>> the brain fog is leaving almost totally. Oh one more Low blood pressure. Please check out the many Chiari webs. Just type in Chiari malformation and many sites will tell you about it, The most credible NS In US are doing reaserch and surgerys for this problem>> wildfire
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Thanks for the information, the website said 'coming soon', but will check back on it.

I am so glad you are well, that is so wonderful. Please keep us updated on how you are doing, and enjoy, and I do mean enjoy your life now!

Shalom, Shirl
  4. Jackie F

Jackie F New Member

It is not a cure but can greatly improve ones life IF they have it.
    It is a very small % that do suffer from this condition.
    There are several articles on this in the library.
    Doctor Bennett has done much research on this.

Jackie F

Abstract: Brainstem Conundrum: the Chiari I Malformation
    ImmuneSupport.com

04-08-2002

J Am Acad Nurse Pract 2001 Apr;13(4):154-9

Author: Mueller D.

Affiliation: Division of Neurosurgery, University of Missouri Hospital and Clinics, USA. mailto:muellerdm@health.missouri.edu

NLM Citation: PMID: 11930527

PURPOSE: To describe the Chairi I Malformation in relation to the anatomy of the brain and spinal cord, the common manifestations of the condition, diagnostic considerations, and management for the primary care provider.

DATA SOURCES: Extensive review of the world-wide scientific literature on the condition, supplemented with actual case studies.

CONCLUSIONS: The adult Chairi I Malformation is an insidious congenital brainstem anomaly that consists of caudal displacement of the cerebellar tonsils, brainstem and fourth ventricle into the upper cervical space, resulting in overcrowding of the posterior fossa.

IMPLICATIONS FOR PRACTICE: Due to the vague, and often ambiguous presenting symptoms of Chiari I Malformation, many patients are misdiagnosed with conditions such as multiple sclerosis, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, or psychiatric disorders. Patients frequently experience symptoms months to years prior to accurate diagnosis and often incur irreversible neurologic deficits.