Hi All....Back from the hospital...MY UPDATE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dd, Jul 11, 2003.

1. dd

dd New Member

Just wanted to say to everyone that all went well after a few scary moments. I will update on the whole procedure later. I am going to take a nap now. I was there at 7;30 this morning and just got home at 6;20.

Many thanks to all of you that thought of me today.

Love,

Debbie
    [This Message was Edited on 07/12/2003]
    [This Message was Edited on 07/12/2003]
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Glad you are home safe and sound. Looking forward to your update.

Love, Mikie
  3. zggygirl

zggygirl New Member

Well hello! You made it through okay! Yipee!.
    Thanks for letting us know you are home and doing alright.Rest Well,
    Ziggy
  4. GeneticDefect

GeneticDefect New Member

Debbie
    Carole just told me you got through your IVIG.

You go girl.

karen
  5. bamboo

bamboo New Member

you've been in my thoughts and i am so glad to find your posting. as with the others, am looking forward to hearing the details. (hope i haven't missed another posting - will look again, just in case.)
    congratulations and i do hope that the treatment(s) will give you much help.
    best wishes,
    julia
  6. Mrs. B

Mrs. B New Member

you're home safely. :) I'll be looking forward to your update.

Lisa
  7. dd

dd New Member

Sorry it took a while. I was only able to post a few short posts today because of a headache and a little dizzyness...but am feeling better now.

I arrived at 7:30...a bit anxious...but had my husband there for support. As they were trying to hook me up to the IV panic set in and I jumped up and bolted for the elevator. My husband ran after me and caught me...talked to me and calmed me down...got me to come back and try again.

When I came back they were able to hook me up and gave me Ativan by IV which calmed me down. They first premedicated me with Zrtec sp?, Advil and a saline solution to keep me hydrated. After about 1/2 an hour they started with the IVIG. The started real slow at the rate of 10 ml an hour. I tolerated that fine for the first hour. They gradually got me up to 20, then went to 40. At 40 I almost passed out and my heart started beating really fast and I couldn't catch my breath. The immediately stopped the infusion for about 20 minutes...gave me more Ativan and I felt much better. What really helped the most was when I asked if they could let me lay down to do the infusion...so they put me in a dark room with a comfy blanket...felt like I was at home. After that they kept raising the infusion rate every 1/2 hour and kept an eye on me to make sure that I didn't have any more reactions...I didn't at all. By the end of the day I was receiving 220ml an hour because I had to have 50 grams total.

The only side effects that I have had are a little headache and a little dizzyness...some nausea...but not bad. I actually woke up this morning with more energy than I have had in a very long time. I WANTED to clean the house but didn't because I didn't want to push things. So, I am taking it easy for a couple of days.

I have to get more blood work in a couple of weeks to see where my IgG levels are at...then another batch of blood work a couple weeks after that to see how much the levels have fallen so that they can determin how often I will need these infusions. Next time I won't be afraid at all because of how well this one went. The staff was so nice and we even laughed after the procedure was done about me bolting to the elevators. They said that they really needed a little humor to their day...so I was glad I was able to provide that for them,lol.

I want to thank each one of you that kept me in your thoughts and prayers. I even printed out the prayers that were said for me from the worship board to have with me to read when I was scared and wanted to give up. I also held onto a picture of my 3 sons to keep good thoughts running thru my mind.

I will keep you all posted on how I am feeling with this treatment. I pray that I continue to have increased energy every passing day. If this helps me, it may help others here. I don't mind being the guinea pig if it helps others in the future.

Thanks again for all the support and well wishes. You don't know how much that has meant to me. You are a wonderful group of people.

Much Love,

Debbie

8. zggygirl

zggygirl New Member

Hi,
    I'm glad it went so well. Of course now I read you have a terrible headache :-(
    But at least you did it!
    Keep us posted okay?
    Take Care,
    Ziggy
  9. Lendi

Lendi New Member

Good for you for getting through it. That must have been very hard. *I'm needle phobic* I'm glad it seems to be working and hope the side effects go away quickly. Lendi
  10. dd

dd New Member

My headache is much better today...it's only at a low roar. I am still going to take it easy for a couple more days though...don't want to stir anything up if I don't have to.

I have noticed some increased energy already. I hope it continues because I really having the feeling that I want to do something...even though I couldn't because of a severe headache. Everything looks promising!!!!

Thanks to everyone again that kept me in their thoughts and prayers.

Love,

Debbie
  11. bubblegum

bubblegum New Member

Debbie what a beautiful picture on your profile. You are a very brave woman to undergo this procedure.