Hi, all, haven't been around in a long time...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PepperGirl52, Jul 26, 2008.

1. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

My husband was critically ill for several months, and I realized then how difficult it is to care for someone who is sicker than myself. Very tough! With all the pain, and the CF, wow!

He was in the hospital off and on for 3 months, had surgery, was in ICU for 6 days, and I have had to do all the driving for almost 4 months now! When he was working (he is currently on disability), I seldom left the house, now I have to take him to all his appointments, had to be at the hospital 2x's a day-came home to rest each day so I wouldn't get too down.

I applaud those of you who become caretakers when you, too, are as ill as the rest of us with this Fibro and CFS! It's really hard, isn't it??

He's doing much better now! He had a clotting disorder that was driving us to the ER every other day; having strokes constantly-thank God there were no residual harmful effects from those. They were TIA's and though they effected his vision, he's seemed to recovered from even that. But because of his meds, his doctor still wants him off work, no driving, no flying, no high altitudes yet.

Anyway, wanted to stop by and give you a quick update. And tell you I've missed you all. Hoping to get back into the groove here. My fibro has been fairly controllable, but the Chronic Fatigue has been really bad. I think the stress has made it worse than ever. Any suggestions?

You all take care and keep on doing what's good and right for YOU to make a difference in this world, in YOUR world and in the lives of others!! God bless. PG
  2. heapsreal

heapsreal New Member

It wore me out just reading it. I dont no wether to say good on you your a tough cookie or say go and have a warm bath and a good nights sleep.

Sometimes you have to keep going through the fatigue and pain then when the prssure eases off thats when we crash. Try to get as much rest as you can to avoid the crash. Hope your hubby gets better, he should you have each other to lean on.

Good luck!
  3. WhoSaid

WhoSaid New Member

Emotional stress takes more out of me then anything else without a doubt so I can relate to waht you are saying.
    All I know to do is rest when ever possible. Sometimes a 30 minute nap or at least a laydown even if I don't sleep helps me feel a little better.
    God Bless you and may He continue to see you through all the challenges you face in life.
  4. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

Sorry to hear of your husband's illness. It's terribly frightening when your partner is ill. I've experienced that with my husband too.

Stress is an absolute killer for our illnesses. Make sure you take time out for you. Get some time to regroup. Glad to hear that your FM has been controllable...wish mine would behave!

All the best,

5. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Hi PepperGirl; I've missed seeing you around. You were here when I joined.

What a wonderful thing it is that you're doing; taking care of your sick husband, being sick yourself. I see that you're definitely making a different in this world AND your world. I can relate to some of what you've experienced but probably not as long. I took care of my Mother when she had surgery and it wasn't easy. She is fine now.

I'm glad that your husband is doing much better now and I hope you have gotten some rest. It's SO GOOD to see you here again. If you're not here to stay, hurry back. I read more than I post but I just had to say hello.

Take care of your husband and yourself.

God Bless,