Hi All, I'm new here but NOT to Fibro...Question for you.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BelleoftheSouth, Mar 11, 2006.

1. BelleoftheSouth

BelleoftheSouth New Member

Hi All,

I was diagnosed several years ago with Fibro/Chronic Fatigue.

My question is....get ready for this because I know you're going to think I'm crazy BUT

when I sneeze, take a deep breath or cough I get 'electrical jolts' in my hands....

I will eventually tell my Rhuemy but I just wanted to know if anyone goes through this...

Thanks and have a happy Saturday evening all.

Belle~
  2. kch64

kch64 New Member

Hi Belle. Sorry you have to be here, but happy you've joined us.

There's another post here about electrical jolts.

Almost sounds like you have a pinched nerve or that when you cough or breath, you somehow pressing on nerves.

Anyway, I hope someone here can shed some light on this for you. I was having terrible aching in my arms and hands, but after going to the chiropractor for about three months, it has gone away and not returned, so far.

Kendra
  3. BelleoftheSouth

Thanks kch!

I'll look around for the thread....

Happy Sunday!

Belle~
  4. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

Honey I don't know about those jolts, glad some do.Must be wild.

SO glad youfound the best message board in the whole entire universe except for mars,there group is much more active.They are all telepathic though,much easier.They can really feel each others pain.Boy I am glad we aren't from mars.Or are we? LOL!

HUGS,
    Sheila
  5. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I get zaps, like electrical jolts, in my head and face and upper body, they come and go. I thought they were to do with meds but I get them even when not trying new meds.

My doctor doesnt know what it is, I can go months without them then they just appear again.

Nice to meet you.

love
    Rosie
  6. BelleoftheSouth

I had been looking for a Fibro/CF Board for ages,,,I kept coming across ones that just didn't suit me, THEN I found this place yesterday and it was like 'Yep, I found my spot in the Universe here'

The people here seem extremely nice and helpful.

I hope that I can help too once I learn to navigate my way around..

Thank You All Again...

Have a Happy Painfree Day ( its rainy here so we all know whats happening to the Fibromites that live in my area today )

Belle~
  7. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

I get these jolts, zaps, crawling feeling and tingling. I have read this is a symptom of fibro. My Doc put me on cymbalta for it and it has really helped me.
  8. BelleoftheSouth

on the left side...I guess I should get a painblock injection but I'm so sick of needles and the weight gain from the prednazone(sp)/cortizone.

Maybe the electrical jolts are from a pinched nerve, I use heat packs and ice packs, wear a neck brace to bed and all the time at home, I do however keep a full time job.

I sit behind a Computer all day so I can work...however my Doctors think its well past time that I go on SSD because of the constant pain....I kinda figure that there is someone else out there worse off than I am and besides that I don't know what I'd do as I live alone....

The meds I take are:

VicodanES, Xanax,Celebrex,Wellbutrin, Synthroid(yep, hypothyroidism), Previcid, I'm also Lactose Intolerant (found out last year) and have IBS...also have GERD oh and lets not forget Rheumatoid Arthritis...

Soooo, I know how being a walking Pharmacy feels.

My quality of life sucks....I do see a Therapist in order to help me with the depression of Fibro...

Thanks for all of you and your great responses :)

Belle~