Hi all,new here and this is my story in short.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BrendaBoo, Oct 17, 2005.

1. BrendaBoo

BrendaBoo New Member

8 years and 25 doctors later,I have been diagnosed with CFS,FM,cronic irritable bowel,cronic pain syndrome,post tramatic stress.The last 8 years have been HELL,I finally got a Dr. to see that I am not functioning well and in extreme pain and he sent me to the Cleveland clinic and that is where they gave me the diagnosis.I live in PA. Before this I was getting to the point of giving up.I have a cleaning business that I am struggling to keep going,my husband and kids help me with it a lot. I have to keep it going to pay for the many meds. I am taking.My worst pain is in my face,jaw ,ear,neck area right side but the one thing that does not make sence is that I have swelling there too.Anyone have anything like that? Now that I have the diagnoses I am thinking on applying for disability.I feel for all of you and just wanted you to know that I appriciate finding this site and look forward to talking to others with some of the same problems.Thanks for reading my post.
  2. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I hope you will finally get some help at the Cleveland clinic. I am wondering if you might be having an allergic reaction to some of your cleaning products? You are probably chemically sensitive to many things now...something to think about.
    This site has a lot of good information...you can do a search at the upper left hand side of the page.
    Welcome!
  3. fivesue

fivesue New Member

You should find much company here...people who know just what you've been through in the last eight years...especially with the doctors!

Many pople have made decisions to apply for disability and although the process is long and confusing, many have made it. Be sure to read about some of the cases.

So, welcome. Glad you're here and hope you will post often.

Sue
  4. FranWi

FranWi New Member

First thing I thought of when you mentioned the cleaning company was chemical sensitivity - that has to be harsh on your system. And then with all the movement you must do, that could be aggravating TMJ. Did the doctor see the swelling as well? Swelling on just one side of the neck should be checked out.
  5. sienna

sienna Member

Hi there BrendaBoo,

So happy to meet you, welcome to the family. There is a lot of love and knowledge here, you will love it here. My pain is in mostly in my back and hips but it can move and take up residence anywhere it likes. smile. You have to laugh. to keep from crying.

Your Friend
    Sienna
  6. rigby

rigby New Member

I had a lot of problems with the left side of neck and face. My neck would swell up big and everything would hurt above this. When I stopped driving so much. It would go away. My seat belt was causing my neck to swell. Not sure with you but just some input. Sharon