Hi all OT? about High blood platelet count

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pcaron, Jul 17, 2006.

1. pcaron

pcaron New Member

I was wondering if anyone has ever been told by thier doctor that they have a high blood platelet counts. I went in for a physical after not haveing one for years.

I see my doctor alot for my FMS and migraines but thought it was time to have my cholestoral checked ect due to chest pains. Time to stop putting it off on the FMS.

When I went back in for my test results I was told my blood platelet count was high and I needed to start taking 81mg asprin a day to avoid stroke or heart attack.

He has me going back in for a retest in a month but it has me a bit scared and was just wondering if anyone else has ever had the same problem?

2. pcaron

pcaron New Member

Mine was 525,000 but he also mentioned that it was high 6mo's ago at 490,000 so it seems to be going up. He mentioned it should be no more then 450,000 so it is not alarmingly high as you mentioned but still it scares me.

I may be getting older 41 but not so old that I feel I want to have to worry about strokes and heart attacks.

Has anyone ever said that this is due to the FMS or the medications we have to take because of our aches and pains ect? I'm not sure that a doctor would tell a person that though.

Thanks for your reply