Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Fibrolady37, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

I havent been online for a few months because i have been seriously ill ive never been as ill before & i have met a l ovely guy who i love to bits he is amazing we are so happy.
    Im so scared because all my illnessses are at their worst ever & i deterioarated so quickly i couldnt believe it.
    I have also had 2 very ill cats & ive been very very worried about them as theyre my babies my child substitutes.
    Its so good to be back amongst my friends i hope you all remember me!
    Ive been so lonely & seriously scared i have missed you all so much i hope you have missed me?
    Id love to hear from you all i really would & any newbies id love to hear from you.

2. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

hello fibrolady,

i remember you..glad to see you back. wish you were feeling better. happy to hear you found a wonderful guy. that helps doesn't it? sorry to hear about your babies too. how sad.you i read here everyday but i haven't posted in a long time. i never feel good anymore. hope you start to feel better.

3. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

I'm really sorry to hear how ill you've been! What has been going on?

How wonderful to hear though that you met a wonderful guy and that you are so happy! That must make life a little better?

It's always so hard when our pets aren't doing well. Amazing our attached we get, how much love we have for them. I hope that everything turns out alright with your kitties!

Has your FM just been much worse lately?

4. daboysone

daboysone New Member

Hi! I am fairly new to the FM board! I like to come here and read and learn and get comfort just knowing I am not alone or crazy! However I wish that none of us had to deal with these illnesses! I am 44 and have 2 children plus 1 dog and 1 cat (and yes they are my children too!) I know when my pets are ill it affects me just like when my kiddos are ill! I am sorry you are not having a better time with your health but I am happy to hear that you found someone! I wish you all the best and hope you feel better soon! M
  5. jmq

jmq New Member

Its like having a family member ...just make yourself at home again!

I am sorry to hear how sick you and your cats have been. It sounds like you found a wonderful guy who is understanding and loving. What ever you are going through...you know you can share it here.

6. simpsons

simpsons Member

welcome back so sorry you have been ill i know how easy it is to relapse and so suddenly. it happens so quickly and is very upsetting i know

so sorry your cats are unwell but gald you have found a good man and have that happiness

lots of love and gentle hugs
  7. Andrew111

Andrew111 Member

Hi Fibrolady,

I have no idea if this applies, but here's a web site that talks about people and pets getting sicker with symptoms of cfs, fm, and/or gws

8. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I am just back on here myself after a long time away. I have had so many deaths in my family the last few yrs and other family problems... I was too down to come here. I am fuzzy on the names here. Some I remember... and some just seem familiar. You are one of those...if so you might remember me.

I am so sorry that you are so lonely and scared...but know how it feels. I also love cats! I have only one now and I love her so much! She is my baby. I hope that your furbabies get better!! I know how much they help us cope from day to day.

I have also gone downhill so far that I am now in bed so much of the day just trying to stay a bit comfortable. I have fought so hard to keep going but pain is too severe and only meds I am on is Flextra (prescription tylenol based muscle relaxer...VERY EXPENSIVE) and 1.5 mg of clonazepam (at bedtime) and 10 mg Flexeril (at bedtime). This is all the doc will give me. I feel lucky to get it!!

I am seeking something for this pain that will help me to not deteriorate any lower than I am now. It is so severe when I try to stand, walk, or even sit for long. I have never liked to take meds...but I am desperate for relief!

My problem is my family doc retired two yrs ago before I was this bad and it has been so hard to get anyone to help me since he left. I live in a small town and there are only two docs and neither act like they care...even believe in fibro it seems.

I am checking out a site that I saw under Doctor Listings, by Doxy on the Fibro board. It is so informative. Just google Dr. Forest Tennant and his site will come up on Intractable Pain. I never knew this existed! It has given me some hope! Please check it out.

Do you find that family and friends tend to slowly move out of your life due to this? It is happening to me. I am blessed so much though to have a loving understanding husband. I don't think I could make it without his support. I am so happy to read that you found someone that really cares for you. It makes a difference!

Love, Mari
  9. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Is this the post that you couldn't find?

Edited to add that I see that 2104 and I were posting to you at the same time :)[This Message was Edited on 10/14/2009]
  10. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

Fibrolady, welcome back and I am so sorry to hear that you have been having such a hard time

Andrew, I can't tell from this article if they are trying to say that the pets are making the people sick or if the people are making the pets sick, or if there is just a strong correlation (in which case, the infections could maybe be coming from the environment and making both pets and people sick).....in any case, it's depressing - I would so hate to find out that I could somehow be giving something to my pets, and I would also hate to find out that I am getting anything from them - they are so dear to me
  11. Shirl

Shirl New Member

So glad to have you back Fibrolady, but sure sorry to hear you are so ill. I sure hope all of you are feeling better soon. I am so sorry your cats are not well, what seems to be wrong wit them?

As for the animals, I have always had dogs, and also two cats. All lived a very long life. One of my cats made almost 20 years old, and was never sick except for a root canal! The other cat was very old when I adopted him, and live for many years more with me. Both Cats lived in my greenhouse, which was very large. I have moved since, and do not have the greenhouse anymore.

My dogs lived anywhere from 14 to 16 years old! None were ill, I had many Boxer's, Pit Bull's, and always took in strays. None were ill. They all lived to old age for dogs/cats.

I had a white Boxer that lived to 14 years old, and that is old for Boxer's, they usually only make about 10 years old. These were house dogs.

Right now I have an American Bulldog, 110lb girl that is six years old (she is not fat, all muscle), very healthy, and very protective, and extremely sensitive to my health. If I am sick, she will stay right next to me, and can lay by me wherever the FM is hurting the worst. She is a wonder. So was my White Boxer. If I was sick, she would not eat till I felt better!

I do not think, from my experience that animals contact FM or CFS. I have both, but the CFS is not as bad as many of you that I read about on this board. Mine usually only last a week or so, but the FM can keep me down for weeks at a time. The worst is the depression, which has nothing to do with either one of the above. I have had Fibro for over 20 years, the depression I have have had for just the last two years.

I also have a little mix breed 10lb girl that found 'me' in a supermarket! She is about 9 years old now. The only problem she has is eating too much. I have to watch her weight! I wish I had her problem. I am very thin since I got situational depression. Lost 31lbs in less than 6 weeks.

Its great to have all of you back at PH, you were missed! I had been off the boards for quit a while myself, but hopefully I can stay with it now.

Again, welcome back...............

Shalom, Shirl
    [This Message was Edited on 10/16/2009]
  12. s8vdbygr8ce

s8vdbygr8ce New Member

glad to see you are feeling better fibrolady my name is s8vdbtgr8ce.Nice to meet you
  13. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

I'm sorry to hear you have been so ill and that your cats are too. I can relate, unfortunately. I keep getting worse as well.

14. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

Hi glenda thank you so much for your reply its really good to hear that my fibro family rememember me ive had loads of replies its made me feel a lot better.
    My cats are ok now thank god i kept praying that they would be & luckily god answered my prayers.
    If you ever want a friend always remember im here for you ok i really hope that you start to feel better really soon.
    Take care & may god bless you & your family.
  15. JLH

JLH New Member

I remember you. Welcome back. I don't know if you remember me or not!

I just recently started back and this is only my third trip reviewing posts. I quit a year or two ago because I just got tired of all the politics on the board ... the negative comments, etc.

I, too, have been seriously ill while I have been off. I had a stroke in January of this year and have been recuperating from it. I am not able to leave my house often anymore. I can't stand up longer than 5 minutes, so I'm confined to my wheelchair mostly.

I have to go now, I must get to bed -- it's 2 am where I live!

Take care of yourself.
  16. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

how are you?
    Thank you so much for your reply it is lovely to hear from you it really is.
    I have ME Fibromyalgia Syndrome, Osteoarthritis ,IBS, Sygrens Syndrome & serious depression.
    Aswell as an insecure personality disorder,a major depressive illness,post traumatic stress disorder & bipolar disorder & other illnesses.
    All my illnesses are at their WORST ever & it is so bad it makes me cry.
    I waited 2 month before i went to see my doctor because i thought it may have been my fibro & or my osteoathritis getting worse.
    I have a very high pain threshold but this pain is literally crippling me ive never known pain like it.
    I went to see my doctor & he sent me to the hospital to have both my hips x rayed but nothing showed up on the x ray.
    I went back & i pleaded with him to help me i said i cant cope with this pain any more please help me.
    He told me i couldnt give me any more pills because im already on very very strong pain killers for my fibro & osteoarththritis.
    He has referred me to a pain clinic at a hospital in salford im so scared because i know that what ever they do to me will hurt me so so much.
    I will get my appointment next week.
    My cats are fine now thank you for asking.
    Take care & may god bless you & yours.

17. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

how are you M?
    Thank you so much for your reply its really good to hear from you a very warm welcome to you this site is an absolute life line for us its the best site around.
    Im no better but im getting the helWp i so desperately need which is great.
    If you ever need a friend to vent moan or for any thing im here for you ok?
    Whats your first name?
    Here are some very genlte hugs for you (((((((((.
    Take care & may god bless you & yours.
  18. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Hello from one old timer to another....... board-wise speaking.....

I stopped reading and posting for a time, not that I was doing any better, but I think we all need to take a break.... I come always hoping (deep down inside) to find something that will make a huge difference knowing (in the head) that will not necessarily be the case.

Then I notice the clock, so much time has passed and I am behind in getting the essentials done.

Hope you and your little buddies do better. Fondly, June
  19. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

janalynn how are you?
    My FM has been deteriorating rapidly f or the past 11 months & it has really scared me so much.
    Im waiting for an appointment from a pain clinic for a new illnesss i have now & im really hoping that they can help me.
    Very gentle hugs for you (((((((.
    Take care.
    May god bless you & yours.
  20. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

you daboysone how are you?
    Thank you so much for your reply it is really good to hear from you.
    Im so glad i met my partner he is lovely he does all the cooking lot which is great we are so much in love we are both very lucky to have each other.
    Here are some very gentle hugs for you ((((((>
    Take care & get in touch with me again ok?
    May god bless you & yours.