Hi All....Remember me?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by spmary, Sep 21, 2005.

1. spmary

spmary New Member

Hi, everyone seems new to the board since I was here, maybe a couple of years ago...can't remember. I was sidetracked by a misdiagnopsis of alz. Ive had cfids for about 12 years. Never thought I had fibro too, but the past couple of weeks have been nothing but pain. Of course I have arthritis and thought that must be it, but the pain is almst unbearable at times. I had a mini stroke last Feb, and I think some more since. Balance very bad, so walk with a cane, and doc. says a walker ,but it is so inconvient. Anyway, my husband walks beside me so the cane is enough. I was given neurontin for burning pain in my feet. It helped some but I felt depressed and my children told me it was dangerous, and not to take it. Haven't had it in about two weeks, and think I may have to go back on it. I see the neuro in a week so will have a talk with him. Is there anything else that works for the pain? I live with the heating pad. Husband is not much support but I love him and he loves me. I try to get him to read all about cfids and fm, but I don't think he believes it. Now I'm not driving so have to depend on him and friends to go anywhere. Forgive the long whine,just wanted to bring you up to date.
  2. jaltair

jaltair New Member

The info on your bio struck a bell. The amount of years married. How fantastic that you are back with all of us. I've been coming to the Board for at least 2 years if not more. I use to be "bakron" but changed to "jaltair" to not confuse the identity with another matter. Anyway, welcome back, and I sorry to hear that you have had such a difficult time. Please take care of yourself and do what you need to do to have a semblance of "health."

Warm wishes, Jeannette
  3. KJ2003

KJ2003 New Member

I absolutely remember you! It's great to see you back on the boards, Mary. I'm so sorry to hear about your stroke.

I recently began taking Neurontin and it works wonders for my nerve pain. However, there is a brand new drug out on the market called 'Lyrica'. Lyrica is supposedly the updated, newer, better version of Neurontin. If you asked your doctor about it, you would probably get samples being it is so new.

I live with a heating pad, too. It's like an added body part!

Like I said, it's great to see you here again and I hope it isn't temporary. Welcome back and please stay :)

Many blessings to you and your family,

Kim

4. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I'm sorry about your stroke. I have CFS/Fibro for over 10 years but symptoms of CFS since early 80s.

Six months ago I started with pain and burning in my feet, a completely new symptom, and it hasnt let up. I tried Neurontin for sleep but it didnt help me. I take a very strong painkiller, narcotic, when my pain is bad but I live in UK so its different meds we get here. I bathe my feet, put on a ibuprofen gel at night but dont get much relief at all. Wish I could help.

Anyway you will get lots of support here and its nice you're back.

love
    Rosie
  5. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

I'm new here but thought I would say Hi! I take neurontin & cymbalta. I like both. I've been on the neurontin for about 6 years & the dr just put me on the cymbalta about 2 weeks ago for depression & FM pain - works great.

Sorry about your problems - hope you can find help.

Kelly