Hi all

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by fight4acure, Mar 6, 2008.

1. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

I just wanted to say that I need support more than ever right now. I feel the support here has dwindled down in here, and I'm not sure why. People are slow in responding to, and/or do not continue to respond to my posts. Are my posts just too depressing for people to continue to respond to?

I'm in so much pain right now that it hurts to type, but I'm forcing myself to because I need your support.

[This Message was Edited on 03/07/2008]
  2. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

I'm sorry you feel that way - I'm not sure which posts you're referring to in particular, but no I don't feel that way! Certain 'times' definitely are slower than others - I'm sure it depends on how everyone is feeling and what 'life' has got everyone doing!
    I'm also sorry you're in so much pain -
    do you just need to talk? to be heard? Is there something you need to talk about. I feel like I need to go back and look for your posts. :)
    I'm up and having coffee - so if you need to 'talk', please....I'm here!
    What's going on??
  3. ckball

ckball New Member

I am sorry you have been having a hard time. I haven't been here much myself lately. It is hard for us who really don't have a lot of people in our lives to lean on.

Last I read from you, I remember you saying you thought you would have to go for your ssdi. I know all this *now has been hard on you too.

What has you so down? Is it fatigue, depressed or just everything? I almost came here the other day looking for prayers for myself but didn't have it in me to respond if I did.

I have a lot going on, some good, some not so good and I needed a break from the board all together. But when I saw your post I wanted to respond to you. I know you had such high hopes in getting your degree in social work so you can help others and not sure what happened with that.

I know you have some family but do not always want to be with them because it is hard because they don't understand how sick you are.

While the board has changed some just know I am here for you and care about you. Gentle hugs- Carla
  4. sisland

sisland New Member

I'm Here For you! and am saying a prayer that you will get some pain relief soon!,,,,,,,,Hugs!,,,,,,,Sis
  5. Callum

Callum New Member

So sorry you are doing so poorly! I was just thinking how I had not seen posts from you for a while, and wondered how you were doing; now it turns out I was just myopic and missed your posts.

Take care of yourself, and I'm putting out positive thoughts to the universe for you!

6. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Sorry, I must have missed your posts too....

I hope you find some relief from your pain soon.

Hang in there!!!

Hugs, (soft ones)

7. boltchik

boltchik New Member

You've got my support! Sorry you are feeling so ill. I will say a prayer for you and send positive thoughts your way. I have not read too many posts lately because I have not been on as much, sorry if I missed yours.

I am thinking of you and wishing you a wonderful day! Kim :)
  8. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

I haven't been around a lot either lately. My flares just don't seem to be letting up anymore and are staying more constant.

I'm sending you lots of good healing MOJO and lots of positive thoughts.
  9. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

I hope you feel better soon. How is your ear infection? I know that stomach muscle was hurting you also.

I try and reply to as many posts as I can, but, I just can't keep up. Sometimes I feel like I'm burning out as far as having anything to give. There are a lot of needs. Problem is, we are all so limited in what we actually can do. I wish it weren't so.

Please know that I, for one, have not meant to overlook you. I do care about how you are doing. I am sorry if I've let you down.

Please update us about what's going on with you and how you are feeling. Let us know how we can help you. Okay?

Love ya, fight. doloresf1
  10. victoria

victoria New Member

I've not noticed your posts either, sorry!... I've been herxing on my protocol so not functioning very well either... seems like it's the season after reading everyone's responses right now. Between the brainfog and herx response, it's hard for me to actually even read much.

I am so sorry you're in so much pain right now tho... is there nothing you can take for relief? or a way to detox? Hope there's some way!

all the best,

11. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

I am shocked at all of the responses. I guess I wasn't letting you all know how overwhelmed I have been with this pain and this horrible weather. Mysticbrit lives in the same area I do, and she knows each day of weather keeps on continuing to be worse than the day before. I'm so fed up with this cold and the constant snow.

I cannot shovel anymore and everything I do hurts because of my pulled stomach muscle I got last week Tuesday from the heavy, wet snow I had to shovel and the thick ice I had to chop.

I've never had a pulled stomach muscle before and never ever wish to have one again. It's like having a really painful ulcer that is not relieved by anything.

I have to continually turn up the heat, because I'm so cold and this weather is driving my mind up the wall because it is not helping my body any.

I applied to graduate school and one reference was not so good. Apparently I did not show enthusiasm. I have been very enthusiastic, as that is what pushes me to do all the stuff I did in college. They just do not understand this illness and all the pain and fatigue. It is hard to show enthusiasm when this illness keeps dragging me down. But I would not have graduated if I wasn't enthusiastic. I think that's the one thing that kept me going, enthusism. But people do not see it. I guess I did not do a great job in "putting on the act" during all my pain and fatigue spells. It seems like we must go over-and-above everyone else to prove that we care a lot about things. I should've taken up acting school with as much as I have to act each day... acting like this illness doesn't take it's physical and emotional toll on me.

My essay was not so good either. I have been having a hard time writing good lately. I know I've had some nice compliments on here about things I have written, but I guess I did not write good enough on the essay because of so much fibro-fog and because I felt I was rushed to get it in. I will try harder on my next college application.

Does anyone here think I'm enthusiastic? I just do not understand why people would think I'm not.

I did finally get some relief of this pain, as a friend come over and gave me a massage and more. Then I slept like a baby after I got done dealing with all I had to do today. All my muscles are at low pain levels for the moment, except my stomach muscle which is burning bad. I know the pain will start all over again in my body, but for now I'm enjoying the relief.

I see that I'm not the only one who's been feeling overwhelmed lately. I hope everyone gets a day of relief at least. Thank you for the prayers!

Thank you so much for all of your replies!

P.S. To Georgia: A thousand pengys are needed. Are you able to find that many? Maybe they can be duplicated?

[This Message was Edited on 03/08/2008]
    [This Message was Edited on 03/11/2008]
  12. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

thanks! Hugs! YC1, you do deserve being here. I do not know how you got that idea. Anyway, much thanks!

Note to Mysticbrit: Gluten-free recipe websites:

Hope these help you hon!
    [This Message was Edited on 03/08/2008]
  13. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

I've got plenty of food for the pengys. I hope they're not too picky because I'm feeding them groundhogs that saw their shadow, making me and others think winter was over soon.

Yes, it is going to be hard. I can figure out the essay part now. Apparently I wrote it too short. But the references are now what I'm having a difficult time finding good one. When I was going through school they did not quite see me as enthusiastic when dealing with this illness.

14. laceymae

laceymae New Member

Hope you are feeling better. I should have been outside shoveling snow today. I hate this weather, we had ice and then snow on top of that.

I haven't been on here much lately...seems like I have been in a tunnel for the last week. This has been more than just fog, but I am trying to dig my way out.

Sorry that the school isn't working out...I admire all of you that are trying to further your education with this DD. It takes us double the effort to do what "normals" do.

Keep your chin up...I'll be sending you a special purple pengy.

hugs lacey
  15. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

Yes, I see you as enthusiastic. I don't know what they expect of you. Aren't there other people with chronic illnesses who attend graduate school and do quite well? I don't know about this subject because it's beyond my own experience. But, I can't see that lack of enthusiasm is the problem. fight, how was your attendance in college? Did your pain and fatigue keep you out a lot? But, why would that be considered lack of enthusiasm. Just thinking that thought.

That pulled muscle in you stomach. Is it possible to get some physical therapy for that? A PT might be able to use some ultrasound to relieve the inflamation and pain. Then some sit-ups (Just kidding about the sit-ups), but, some strengthening exercises and it will be much better. Whaddayathink?

The weather has been just awful everywhere this winter! And so has our fibro. Better days ahead. $$%&*@#& that groundhog!!

fight4acure, please tell me what's a pengy??? :~)

Hugs and more Hugs. doloresf1
  16. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

This is probably the one and only time I hope the weather people are right about next week. They are talking about highs in the 40's! Gosh, I might have to get my shorts out since that will be a heat wave. LOL.

The end is coming soon, hon......I've been struggling with all this crappy weather also but I am blessed that the "men" in my house see it as their duty to shovel.....Thank GOD!

Just remember if March comes in like a Lion it will go out like a lamb! I promise soon we will see green grass again and it just won't be on TV!
  17. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

It was Alaska that reminded us to continue on searching for Gluten-free recipies for you. Please see her post! You're welcome! I would be mad at the world too because it is so hard to find anything easily made that is gluten-free. It is not easy for us to stay active all day, let alone cook ourselves meals and deserts from scratch all the time. It's hard to go out to eat as they do not make anything gluten free in the restaurants. And it's hard to be turning down food at family get togethers, only to tell them you would like to eat it but cannot.

It is going to improve on Tuesday, like in the 40's but I'll believe it when I see it. I am skeptical as most other Wisconsinites.

Yes, I cannot comprehend why none of my four references said I'm enthusiastic, except that they did not understand my illness and all the pain and fatigue I had, and they might not have understood the days I had to miss class and the days I needed more time to complete projects or take tests due to this illness. Maybe they just did not believe I was ill. Or maybe they just thought I was depressed... and to them, depressed people aren't enthusiastic, as depression is the opposite of that. I guess I wasn't hopping and skipping up and down the hallways, and my illness made them think I did not care.

Thanks for the option to critique! I had my mother help me a little bit, and apparently it did not help. She's been out of college much longer than I have. I'll have a few months in advance to write this, so I'm hoping it will be well thought out this time.

It hurts so much. I've been resting a lot and that helps, but not quite enough. Thank God it is not a hernia.

I'm sorry you have been depressed. This weather is crazy, and Celiac is a difficult disease to deal with, especially with the lack of foods you can eat. I'm praying for warmer temperatures.

Sending dozens of hugs back to you as well...

18. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

I'm feeling a little better since I slept over 12 hours today. Yes, I hate this weather and snow and ice we've had.

This weather will put many in a tunnel/fog state. I know I have been in one. That's why I posted here because I realized how much support I needed, and didn't realize how badly I needed to ask for it.

Thanks for the kind words, from you and from others. I wish people would take the time to get to know me. Because teachers had to give me extra time to work on things and because I took off on days I was really sore and ill, they tend to create distance with me because they just do that when they do not understand some illness. It's easier for them to run or treat me like just any person on the street and not get to know me better, than it is for them to try to understand all I'm up against, and the help I needed, and that I am really an enthusiastic person. And yes, we need to do double the effort than what normals do. I'd say that's extremely enthusiastic!

I'll keep my chin up, and I love special pengys, thank you!

19. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

Thank you hon! They expect me to be jumping up and down the hallways, attendance as perfect, no illness, no missing class, etc.

I am not able to get PT because I cannot afford it, but I do slowly do what I can. And again, I keep on overdoing it.

Yes, the weather is horrible, and that groundhog is no where to be found. I'm putting out an All Points Bulletin for it.

Pengys are penguins. Georgia will be able to tell you how her and Hangininthere got that started.

20. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

yes, the 40's will be a heatwave, and people will have their car windows rolled down and bring out the shorts.

I hope they're right about the weather this time.

Looking for that nasty groundhog that lied to us.