Hi all

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Fibrolady37, Dec 27, 2002.

1. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

Hi all,
    I had a weird thing happen to me the other day was out walking & without any warning my right knee stiffened instantly,i was so scared.
    I get enough pain from this DD & wondered if anyone else has had this?
    Rheumatoid & Osteo Arthritis run in my family & my mum,dad,both my nan & my great gran + my big sis all have it,do you think me having it or getting it are higher?
    I hope youve all had a great christmas & have a lovely new year,lots of love & very gentle hugs to you all.
    Sharon d(UK)
  2. joannie1

joannie1 New Member

Rheumotoid and Osteo are both hereditary diseases. The chances are probably higher for you then most people due to this running so strong is your family. However you may be skipped on it too. Let's hope for your sake right.
    these things that happen with our bodies happen without warning and all of the sudden so many times that your fear is so very normal. I know is seems never ending doesn't it? I have this happen in my hips when I am walking. Then my legs seem to not know where they are going or what they should be doing. it is VERY scary and it is so sudden and unpredictable that I have had to adjust my life around these strange and off the wall things that my body likes to do.
    I hope you are feeling better and if you are worried about the arthitis you can go into your doctor to have that checked out. Take care.
    Joannie
  3. s43

s43 New Member

To this board,my name is sharon and i am also from the uk,i was diagnosed with fibro in sept but have suffered for about 5yrs with my hips and neck,also my knee is very painful and sometimes just locks and i cant bend it.I have got oesteoarthritis as well.It is hereditary and an xray will show if you have got it in your knee.There are a few people on this site now from the uk,there is nothing like this over here.Take care i hope you are feeling better Regards Sharon
  4. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

Hi Joanie,
    Happy New Year,hope you had a nice C/mas & New Year & that you arent in to much pain,very gentle snuggles to you & a big gentle hug,hope you feel better with those.
    Thanks for you reply its really good to hear from you,i seem to be going stiffer each day,this has been going on for the last 3weeks now.
    Im still excersising & on the go & my diets good so no change there.
    Im hoping arthritis has missed me but if i do get it ill be as positive as i am now i dont know any other way to be,it will never beat me.
    Good to know you lots of love sharon d
  5. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

Hi Sharon,
    Hope youve had a good C/mas & New Year & that you arent in to much pain,ive been ok & enjoyed both C/mas & New Year.
    I took my decs & tree dowm today with my daughter sophies help shes a star bless her & is 9 on 20/1/03.
    Its great to hear from you & thanks for your reply,hope to hear from you again.
    Very gentle hugs & Happy New Year
    Sharon D(UK)
  6. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

Hi Lady Dj,
    Happy New Year,hope you arent in too much pain today,a big gentle hug to you.
    I have a habit of movin too fast & when my knee stiffened i was doing,so thanks for that.
    Its good to hear from you thanks for yor reply,hope to hear from you again soon.
    Lots of love to you & take care.
    Sharon D(UK)