Hi anyone who remembers mehave had a rough time

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by luvdogs, Sep 4, 2008.

1. luvdogs

luvdogs New Member

I think LionMama described my situation. I have been very ill with hyperthyroidism and large nodules in my thyroid. I have had a thyroidectomy, and am now recovering (was in surgery six hours). Was getting better and better but am now crashing, probably because my hormone levels are still not regulated properly. To complicate matters, right before my surgery was scheduled, my Dad had a major stroke. I quickly flew to Miami to see him and to say my last goodbyes. It was tough. He died the day after my surgery, while I was still in the hospital. Also, I'm having trouble with my insurance company, as they are withdrawing the funding for more and more of my meds. On top of all of this, my sister is angry and yelling at me, and now I've just withdrawn from the world--don't want to talk on the phone or anything. Just don't know what to do. I feel helpless. Any support or words of encouragement are welcomed. Luvdogs
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

Im new to the board but have read some posts.

Here's a gentle hug and hoping some light comes your way. I lost my dad in Dec.I was able to be with him. So sorry you were in the hospital when he passed,but he knew you were there in loving thoughts.

Try to stay strong
  3. texasrose204

texasrose204 New Member

I hope things get better for you! Sorry to hear about your Father. It was nice that you were able to make the trip to see him before his passing.
    Hopefully ins. issues will get straighten out and not cause you further pain.
    Please take care of yourself and remember we are here for you! Hope you have a speedy recovery and get to feeling better soon! Keep the faith and God bless you!
  4. redhummingbird

redhummingbird New Member

I was moved to tears by your post. I'm so sorry to hear about your father's death.

It's hard enough dealing with this illness, major surgery, sibiling stuff, insurance stuff but then to have your father die....it's not fair.

I'll keep you in my thoughts.
  5. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

I'm so sorry! What a lot to have happen at once.

6. luvdogs

luvdogs New Member

Many thanks to all who responded to my message. Still feeling very down in the dumps. I have the feeling thyroid hormones need to be regulated so will get blood test on Monday. My sister laid a guilt trip on me (she lives in MIami, which is where my father used to live, and I live in NC) about all the work she has to do to prepare for the memorial service, get affairs straightened out, etc., when I'm doing practically nothing (although I made a bunch of phone calls to friends and relatives with a voice box that still doesn't work). She seemed to have forgotten that i just had surgery. Her guilt trip was the final straw. After I talked to her something in me just snapped, and I felt like i was in major overload. I am so tired of accusations, having received them from my boss, my boyfriend (the latter not recently), and my sister in turn. I think I'm being too much of a nice guy. One day, when I no longer depend on these people, I'm going to get really angry. "What anger lurks in the hearts of men," or especially women, I should say, that doesn't get expressed.
  7. luvdogs

luvdogs New Member

Doing a little better in terms of depression, but very, very tired and sleepy. Going around in a fog.
  8. tandy

tandy New Member

I'm not to good with words,.... but was so saddened by your situation~
    Thats alot for anyone to take in.
    Sending well wishes,Hugs,and sympathy on your dads passing.

(I lost my dad awhile back too. He was only 57)
    Its tough,... but time has certainly helped lessen the pain/grief.
    Huge hugs,