Hi Bandwoman...

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by 143alan, Sep 28, 2006.

1. 143alan

143alan New Member

I've never started a thread before so thought I'd take this opportunity, hope you don't mind. What is myotherapy?

I pray you are doing well and I look forward to Sat. Of course, I had to put a sticky note on my PC to remind me..you know how that is.

I went to the rheumatologist Thurs. It's only my third visit. 1st one, seemed OK, did all the tests and checked all my joints. The 2nd one, follow up on the 1st and to review findings of the tests. The doctor who is suppose to be the best in our area was hurried and really didn't give a crap and was just ready to move on to the next patient and didn't want to answer questions. I chalked it up to him having a bad day and decided I'd wait until this appt to make a decision about whether or not to go back to him. Made it---NOT. Was very obvious he does not want his patients to talk, ask questions or be involved in their own treatment. After you've waited until 2 hrs past your appt time he wants to fly in the room and write prescriptions to continue the same meds even though you're trying very hard to tell him they're not working. So frustrating. Now I'll look for a Dr. in my area that actually knows how to work with patients that have what I have.

Take care and I'm praying for an awesome Friday for you.
    TN Nancy
  2. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

Happy Friday,

I am going to make this short as it is lunch time for me. I am sorry about your bad experience with your Doctor. I was having some really persistent female problems that were not being resolved by the typical types of treatment and I was sent to this world famous female doctor in downtown Chicago right on Michigan Ave. This guy turned out to be a real world class jerk. I take lots of alternative supplements and I made the mistake of giving him the list of stuff I take. He said you are going to turn into a hypochondriac taking all this stuff. I just wanted to slap him! Needless to say I never went back. It is so frustrating trying to find people that will actually listen to us. I will pray that you can find someone like that. You might go on the Fibro board and ask if anyone knows a good Dr in your area. As to your question what is a myotherapist..... It is someone who operates off of the trigger point and pain referral pattern philosophy. It is not massage but some may incororate trigger point release in their treatment. It orginated on the East coast and John Kennedy when he was president saw one. My myotherapist pushes on painful spots. She uses her elbow or her hands depending on where it is on the body. I have seen her for over 12 years and I have to say that if I didn't see her I would be in really bad shape. She really encourages me in the correct diet too as she is very much into nutrition. Well I have to run. I will talk tomorrow. Have a good weekend. Wasn't if fun starting a threat. LOL

Love,
    Nancy

Love,
    Nancy
  3. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I thought I would try the chat room tonight just to see if I could get on ok. I didn't realize that there is not a chat room for the worship board. I went on the FM chat and man does it move fast. I didn't see if any other places were slower or not. I will look for you on the FM and if it looks like it is not going to work then maybe we could agree to try another one....perhaps sinusitis. I am guessing there may not be as many on there but who knows. I am wiped and going to bed. Talk tomorrow.

Love
    Nancy
  4. 143alan

143alan New Member

Thanks for the info. I'd love to find a myotherapist around here. So much is moving into our little area there may be one and I don't know it. The treatment makes sense to me. Often I've tried to press on the painful spots and it has helped some. I'm sure doing it..umm..right, would help a lot...lol..lol.

I've been on FM chat a few times and I guess because most of the times have been in the early morning hours I never run in to many people and have several times gone in to find no one on in any chat room. We'll start out at FM and switch to Sinusitis if it's too busy, sounds great.

I hope you had a great Friday. I'm off to do my Sat. chores and get some breakfast. Talk to ya later.

TN Nancy
  5. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Hi Sweetie. You have my prayers, and am glad you post and read here.

I have no idea what myotherapy is. Please may I suggest that you either re write or copy and paste this post and put it on the general fms board. You are more likely to get replies there about medical information. Often posts slip very quickly back to page 2 or 3. If you haven't received information or replies there you can put the word "bump" in the title line, and simple the word" bump "
    in the message area. That will move your post to the top again.

I think probably there are people who are familiar with what you are dealing with. Good luck.
  6. 143alan

143alan New Member

Thanks Asa!