hi Canada

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kkvj, May 14, 2008.

1. kkvj

kkvj New Member

hi - can anyone tell me if they are from Canada - I live in Vancouver BC -have great doctor - browsed through the post for adding if you have a good doctor but saw none from Canada - have sufffered with FM/CF for 23 years.
  2. berrytired

berrytired New Member

Hello, I'm in Southern Ontario!
  3. caffey

caffey New Member

I am from Ontario.
  4. AnnieLeu

AnnieLeu New Member

I don't got to a rheumetologist because of the long waits to get in and so far my family doctor is very co-operative.
    There is a Dr Bell at St Josephs in London...he's a jerk from what I hear. Everyone that has gone to him has come out furious. He thinks he can cure fibro with 8 hrs a day of continuous excercise!!!
    The Dr. I hear good things about is Dr. Janet Pope but getting in to see her is almost impossible.
  5. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

hi everyone. i am in toronto. i am followed by dr. lerner in MI but i have a doctor here who writes my prescriptions.

6. gnosis

gnosis New Member

Hi everyone, I'm from Vancouver and I have finally signed up to this great website. I've been struggeling with fms and past 5 years increasing cfs. Mostly on my own, thinking I can handle it. Well, I've been getting worse and the fatique is really bad. I was dx'd for fms about 10 years ago, but am looking for a good doctor in Vancover with knowledge of fms/cfs/me. I want to run all the tests recommended for cfs and get it dx'd. I'm trying to avoid dr. that think fms/cfs is in people's heads and label you with some this and that disorder.
    I'm considering Dr. Byron Hyde's (www.nightingale.ca)help and testing, although I have an idea that this might be expensive to do this out of province.
    What test have helped your doctor with diagnosis of cfs/me?
    Thanks a lot for any names of good,knowledgeable fms/cfs/me doctors in BC or any other province.

7. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

8. cfsandlyme

cfsandlyme New Member

hi, I am only an occasional visitor to this board. I live in Ottawa. I have seen ALL the alternative/environmental doctors in Ottawa.
  9. Jayna

Jayna New Member

20 years ago, when I lived in Saskatchewan, the Metabolic Clinic at Regina General had good diagnosis - don't know about their support.
  10. jennbug

jennbug New Member

I live in Norhern BC. FM 10 years, nice to meet fellow Canadians.
  11. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

I am from Niagara Falls area.
  12. ModestAustin811

ModestAustin811 New Member

13. canap

canap New Member

saskatchewan here. Diagnosed 4 years ago last 1 1/2 have been awful nothing seems to help some pain meds take the edge off. Will see fam doc on 25th to try another one. Saw Rheumy in s'toon was involved in a drug study about yr ago. He told me I had tried everything and there would be no new meds for another 2 or 3 years so nothing he could do so have my family doc prescribe the pain meds. That was a waste of a 4 hour drive.
  14. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

BDCC alum.
  15. sharazelle

sharazelle New Member

Im from Niagara Falls, ON. I have only been diagnosed for the past year.
  16. coolma

coolma New Member

Southern Ontario. Formerly Toronto - where Dr. Alison Bested and Dr. Frances Leung treated. Wish I could go back again to further treatment from Dr. Bested, she is on leading edge for CFS and FM treatment.
  17. sharon5650

sharon5650 New Member

Hi everyone I m from Montreal Quebec, suffering from Fibro/ME Arthritis/and ADHD, just lovely !!!

I ve been suffering with this for about 10 years now.
  18. lrning2cope

lrning2cope New Member

but I have Tons of relatives there. My grandfather is the first to come to the states(as an illegal-he just walked over the bridge to Detroit and got a job at Chrysler) . He didn't know that he did anything wrong until they started filling out paperwork for his new job. Then they helped him apply and he kept his job !

Sometimes I think I would like to move to Canada.
    Is government health care a positive or negative thing for people there ?

19. Denamay

Denamay New Member

Hi, I live in Alberta.

It can be kind of slow getting services here, if you do not live in Calgary or Edmonton, but from what I hear we are still much better of than some in the USA.

It is nice to see that there are quite a few Canadians on the board [ and other countries too.]

Cheers Denamay
  20. shanwill

shanwill Member

Hi fellow Maple Leafs,

Living outside Windsor, Ontario at the moment.
    Wondering if there is anyone else in my area here in a similar boat?

Have a good doctor in Toronto, seems the only one here who has a clue. But alas, still no cure....

The fight continues.