Hi everybody! I'm new here...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by diricha, Sep 6, 2002.

1. diricha

diricha New Member

Today I went to the doctor after feeling crappy for about six months. She thinks I have fibromyalgia. About a month ago, I started researching my symptoms on the internet, trying to figure out what was wrong with me. A lot of the symptoms I've had for years: TMJ, headaches, IBS, anxiety. The new ones are PAIN and FATIGUE. I feel like I've been run over by a truck half the time. I have pain in my neck, shoulders, lower back, hips, knees.

My doctor drew a bunch of labs today, and told me to see a rheumatologist. The good news is, I used to work with an excellent rheumy. He is also a great person. I still work in the same building he does. So I just have to get an appt. with him.

I've been reading here awhile. You seem like a great bunch of people! I look forward to getting to know you.
  2. diricha

diricha New Member

Today I went to the doctor after feeling crappy for about six months. She thinks I have fibromyalgia. About a month ago, I started researching my symptoms on the internet, trying to figure out what was wrong with me. A lot of the symptoms I've had for years: TMJ, headaches, IBS, anxiety. The new ones are PAIN and FATIGUE. I feel like I've been run over by a truck half the time. I have pain in my neck, shoulders, lower back, hips, knees.

My doctor drew a bunch of labs today, and told me to see a rheumatologist. The good news is, I used to work with an excellent rheumy. He is also a great person. I still work in the same building he does. So I just have to get an appt. with him.

I've been reading here awhile. You seem like a great bunch of people! I look forward to getting to know you.
  3. kadywill

kadywill New Member

Welcome Diricha!!!

Sorry about the diagnosis, but glad to have you here for support. We ARE a great bunch and I love reading all the posts and seeing that I am not so abnormal after all!!
    Be well,
    Kady
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Glad you found our board. You are fortunate to know a rheumatologist personally.

Will be looking forward to knowing you better, and be sure to let us know how the doctors appointment went for you.

Again, welcome.

Shalom, Shirl
  5. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member

Glad to have you with us! This disease is dreadful and the only way to get by is day to day and have friends that understand, so you have come to the right place! Hope you can get in to see your rheumy soon. I am having trouble finding one. Anytime you need to ask a question, or vent, or just need a cyber-hug we are here.

Soft hugs!
    Teresa :)
  6. selma

selma New Member

Welcome !!!!!

I know it's nice to finally get a diagnosis after having all the symptoms. You're not alone as you've seen.

Welcome to our crazy world. The good news is they say that after you've been Dx there is a good chance of you getting better Within the first four years or so, But don't quote me. Others know much more.
    I know that they'll try to answer all your questions.
    and Welcome You!!
    I'm so happy that you found this site.

Love, Selma