Hi Everyone: Has anyone tried that breathing in oxygen thing.....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by misch, Jun 30, 2004.

1. misch

misch New Member

Hi All... Hope that your day is reasonable...

I'm doing well, my back has been out today and I'm hoping that my husband has fixed it. I'll find out as the night wears on.

The Guai is going good, I am not getting any overall pain these days, cycling through my usual trouble areas, my left shoulder blade is my worst.

Found a doctor who bulk bills and is willing to learn about the guaifenesin protocol!!!!! Yeah, he is a very nice man, I am going to send him Dr St Amands book "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Fibromyalgia" and he said he is willing to look into it. I reeeaaaally like him.

Getting to the point, I want to try that briething in oxygen thing, has anyone heard of it or done it?

God bless,

[This Message was Edited on 07/01/2004]
  2. natrlvr2

natrlvr2 New Member

My rheumatologist gave me a prescription for O2 to see if it helped with my migraines.I have alwasy said it felt like I was nto gettign oxygen to my brain becasue of my neck problems. I was so hopeful. But,alas, it did nothing for me.
  3. misch

misch New Member

Thanks for your reply, I'm going to try it eventually. When I do I'll post how it went.

God bless,

4. lilchirper

lilchirper New Member

If you don't need oxygen, you can actually cause harm to yourself. Do not do this without a Dr. OK. People with COPD that get too much o2 can die.
  5. Britain

Britain New Member

My pain management doctor is suggesting O2 for my chronic daily headaches that do not respond to any tpye of medication. Will you please let me know if you try it and if it helps? Thanks, Britain
  6. gidet

gidet New Member

I have tried this and it did not work for me. My migraines were awful. I ended up at the Diamond HA clinic in Chicago. I finally got rid of them last year when I had my hysterectomy. They usually use o2 for HA that only last for 15 minutes. I can't remember what they are called