Hi everyone I am new and wanted to introduce myself

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by FlowerMD, Sep 13, 2006.

1. FlowerMD

FlowerMD New Member

I am a 51 year old woman and live in MD. I was dxed with Fibro in 2000, I also have throid disease, degenative disc disease, high blood pressure, high colestrol, reflux disease, to name a few. I am married to a wonderful man for 33 years now and the mother of 2 sons ages 22 and 26. I had to quit working in 2000 because the fibro and degenative disc disease were both quite debilating for me, unfortunaally I am unable to get disability because I don't have enough hours worked in the last 10 years (I am being denied because I stayed home to be with my boys through school) oh well thankfully my hubby is able to work to keep us insured and supported for now. My medical is still expensive even with insurance as I am sure is a fact we all live with.
    I am looking forward to meeting you all in chat and here on the forum.

FlowerMD
  2. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Welcome FlowerMd

I am also fairly new here and enjoying it very much. I hope we see a lot of you. I also have FM and a whole lot of other stuff. It is wonderful when you can chat with people who understand what these conditions really feel like.

hugs Marion (Redwillow)
  3. leubie

leubie New Member

Hey---------my name is Laura---------too many things to list-------fibro and all that goes w/ it -----you can read my profile if you like----------just click on the persons name(username) to the left!!!!!---------I have found a sense of peace,hope,knowledge here------lots of laughter---------I rarly post--------reply some but read alot-------my hands do not let me type and my brain sometimes does not let me exprees what i want toi???????-ANYWAYS--------WELCOME and LOVE TO ALL---------LAURA
  4. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Hello FlowerMd,

Nice to have you aboard however, sorry to hear of the FM. You will find so much information here and all the support you will need.

This board is full of nice people with bunches of good information.

Sorry to hear about not having enough hours for disability. Seems that even with doing the right thing, sometimes the system seems so unfair.

BlueSky555
  5. code34me

code34me New Member

Nice to meet you and welcome! I too have stayed home since I had my last child and am now trying to get disabiliy also. I am 40 with a 14 year old daughter and a 4 year old son. I am claiming to have been disabled since I had my son because I have!

I was diagnosed in 2000 also with FM and in 2005 with CFIDS. It does not seem fair that staying at home to raise your children (wich is not any easy job) is not counted as working huh? I did work on an ambulance for 15 years then went to work for the school district here wich does not pay into SS.

So I am trying and have a lawyer and will see what happens? I just understand about taking care of your children and being told it does not count.

It is nice to meet you and hope to talk soon.
    Take care of you! Codey (Carol)
  6. Bren2135

Bren2135 New Member

.. and welcome to the boards! Hope you feel right at home here.. lots of wonderful people to share and listen.

Sorry to hear about your challenges with FM and disability. I was a stay-at-home-mom, too, till my kids were in the 8th grade. Pat yourself on the back, for being a dedicated and loving mom! It's unfortunate, the rules that govern don't factor in parenting in and of itself as a 'job'.. it is, in reality, the very foundation of society.

It sounds like you're a real positive person, and I personally draw a lot of strength from people like you! Thanks for being here!

Hugs,
    Brenda
  7. myajenna

myajenna New Member

Hi,
    Welcome to this board. I am new here too. I have had FM since 1988. Some months are better than others. This has not been a good month.
    I work part-time but it is easy work that I can do at home. I work 6 hours a week at a bread factory with my husband. I do it mainly for the exercise I get doing it but the following day it is always a bad day for me.
    I hope to learn more about FM by reading the posts. I use to belong to a lot of boards years ago but left them all. I felt if FM was out of my mind then maybe it would go away. Wrong!

Arlene
  8. BrennaBear

BrennaBear New Member

Hello and Welcome!

I am also new to the board,,,I haven't posted much but have been reading alot.
    I am 49 years old,married, and have two sons that are grown. They are both married.

I am a former healthcare worker and am on disability now for over 5 years.

I have a list of ailments like the rest here. Fibro,Chronic Fatigue,Obstructive Sleep Apnea, (on CPAP Machine for that),Degenerative Disk disease,Peripheral Neuropathy,Chronic Tendonitis, Severe Allergies and Asthma,Migraines, and the list goes on and on.......lol

I had no trouble getting my disability,,,my medical records spoke volumes! lol

I too, think it is a shame that stay at home Moms cannot file for Soc Sec disability. That is not fair at all!!!!

Take care and will look for more posts from you....

Brenna
  9. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

to the board. This is a good place to get info, share stories, tell jokes, trade recipes, etc. Lots of nice people here.
  10. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Welcome to the board. I have been on for a couple of months and have found people to be very warm and caring. And I get some good laughs when I need them. Since you are disabled, I am hoping that you can still get out and about sometimes. I am a stay at home Mom with young kids, and just recently, in the last year, my fibro has become a huge burden. Try to keep positive, I know I am. And prayer, that helps!!

Ask lots of questions, almost anyone can relate or has some kind of helpful info. Bless you! Kim
  11. angiecw71

angiecw71 New Member

Welcome to the board, I am fairly new alos. I am 35 year old mother of two girl 11, my son 17 next mont. I had to quit my job in January because of being sick all the time. You will find out a lot of info. hear. I just applied for SSD in August. Happy reading and if you have a question, all you go to do is ask, I am sure someone can answer.

God Bless,
    Angie
  12. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

I'm new too. I'm 56 and also have fibro and degenerative disc disease (migraines and chronic myofascial pain). I applied for SSD in August too. I had 17 years full time teaching, so if I get approved, I'll at least get something!

I have one daughter, 27, and a great hubby of 31 years.
    Hope we can be of help/support to you!
    Mini