Hi Everyone I am new here and have FMS/CFS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tiredgayle, Jul 28, 2006.

1. tiredgayle

tiredgayle New Member

Hello everyone,

I am new to this site and trying to learn my way around here. I have suffered from FMS/CFS for many years, but finally found out what it was about three years ago. I have been in a major flare up and can't get it under control and have a really lousy doctor. I have been on morphine now for about a year. I need to find a way to get alittle bit of my life back. I was used to being so active and always on the go and have a really hard time dealing with the fact that I am limited to what I can do and how long. I suffer the usual brain fog and feel so dumb at times lol. I have been through physical therapy, chiropractor, and so many different medications that never seem to help. I really feel at my witts end lately and don't know where to turn. I really look forward to reading all that is posted here and learning from each other.

Tiredgayle
  2. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear Tiredgayle,

Welcome! I'm sure you will find many generous and compassionate people here. - and knowledgable, too.

I've had CFS since at least 1970, and Fibro since the early 90's. I, too, used to be very active, social , and involved in a lot of things. It took me a long time to embrace my extremely simple life, and, even now, I sometimes feel just as you do.

Lately I've started going to an acupuncturist who is also a doctor of Chinese Medicine. My fibro Fog is much better, and my pain is mostly gone. - Just an idea.

Good luck to you. I hope you find a good doctor, I know it is hard, but I know, too, that they are out there.

Big hugs,
    Terry
  3. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

You have come to an excellent place for sharing and learning and venting,etc. We are all different. Most of us suffer from FMS and/or CFIDS. Some have other illnesses in addition to these. One thing that you will learn is that what helps one person may not necessarily help another. But, most of us are open to hearing about new ways to deal with these awful illnesses.

Just a couple of hints... most of us have difficulty reading long posts without paragraph breaks. Also posts that are typed in all caps are very hard to read. If you have a question about a specific medication or treatment, a handy tool is the search option at the top of the page. You can type in the name of the med or treatment (i.e. acupuncture), press Go, and it will bring up many posts.

I hope you enjoy this message board. By the way, thanks for filling out your profile. That really helps us get to know you better

Blessings,

Lolalee
  4. tiredgayle

tiredgayle New Member

Hi Terry

Thank you for introducing yourself!

I have heard lately about acupuncture and want to try it, but it's so hard financially, but will figure something out so I can give it a try. I will let you know how I make out.

Thanks again!
    Gayle
  5. tiredgayle

tiredgayle New Member

Hi Lolalee,

Thank you for the information!

I know that what works for one doesn't always work for another, but like you said I can learn a lot and get new information.

Thanks again
    Gayle
  6. Maribelle

Maribelle New Member

Hi and welcome to the board.

There is a tremendous amount of wisdom here and lots of support.

I have FMS and this board has educated me on this illness.
    I always come here first for answers and then see a doctor
    if necessary.

I see my doctor (Internist) regularly. I am currently on Cymbalta for pain. This is working for me right now. I
    try to eat well, rest and have simplified my life.

I hope you find relief and a good doctor. Keep looking!

I look forward to hearing more from you.

God Bless,
    Maribelle
  7. tiredgayle

tiredgayle New Member

Hi yyznan

Thank you and it's very nice to meet you!

I am quickly learning how nice everyone is and all the informmation here. I am so glad to have found this site.

My spirits are already lifting by being here and I really need that right now.

Take care!
    Gayle
  8. kriket

kriket New Member

You will love this support board. Everyone here is wonderful and will be there for you when you need someone.

Kriket
  9. tiredgayle

tiredgayle New Member

Hi Maribelle,

It's so nice to meet you!

I can't beleive all the people here and all the information, it's great.

Do you take any other meds besides the Cymbalta?

Gayle
  10. tiredgayle

tiredgayle New Member

Hi Kriket,

I am already so amazed by all the love here, it's great!

Nice to meet you and look forward to talking to you again.

Gayle
  11. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I guarantee you that you are going to have so much fun

with everyone on this Website you'll wonder why it isn't

illegal!! Luckily, we all carry "Get out of jail free"

cards.

Happy you're here,
    MRDAD
  12. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

Welcome tpo the board and the kindest group of friends you have ever had.

We all have the same problems and it is so wonderful to be able to confide in someone.

if you have an unusally difficult day, just come here and tell us about it. we listen.

i am the "senior" of all of you - 75! I had something that I could pindown tomy Dr. and it made him angry.

Finally the pain began and I found out the not-so-good news. I have been to many Drs. I do have CFS, Osteoarthritis, and Spinal Stenosis.

I take gabapentin for pain (don't know if it helps). My Dr. has me take 2 Tylenol #3 2 times a day if necessary.

That's me!

We will luv you and will listen to you. Don't hesitate to come and tell your problems.a

Luv and Gentle Hugs

Joan
  13. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

bump to meet more/
  14. PaBarbara

PaBarbara New Member

I know what you feel like I had a car accident 1-1/2 years ago and I had a major flare up that can't seem to get back on track, plus a surgery to repair my shoulder. Before the accident at least everything was stable. I have also tired everything there is out there and nothing seems to help or makes it worst. I take many meds but I also take morphine.
    I think this group will help in answering all of our questions, I look forward reading the post and replies.

Take care and stay strong!

Barbara from Northeastern Pennsylvania
  15. tiredgayle

tiredgayle New Member

Barbara,
    It's nice to meet you.

How much morphine are you taking and how many times a day?

I am so upset with my doctor and then decided to go see another one and he was worse.

He is so against me being on morphine, he says he won't treat me while I am on it. I asked him do you think that I don't suffer and have enough pain with fibro as someone else that has another illness.

He feels that fibro can be treated with just anti depressants and anti inflamatory meds and I have gone that route and been on so many different drugs. So I am going back to my orginal doctor next week and don't know what he will say to me because I went to another doctor, but I am going to tell him that I am at my witts end and needed to talk to another doctor and see how he would treat me.

This other doctor that won't treat my because I am on morphine told me that the fibro will just go away one day lol, that old people don't have it. I told him well my grandmother is 87 and stil has it, he told me well then she doesnt have fibro, because old people don't get it, can you believe he said that.

But I am sorry to keep going on, but it's so nice to FINALLY have people to talk to that go through what I do every day.
    I was feeling so alone and just at the end of my rope.

I am also suffering so much with my back and have been going to a chiro for 3 mos and waiting for my MRI, as he thinks I have a disk problem.

I am also taking nuerontin, ultram, and suppose to be taking effexor, but haven't filled it yet. I am so sick of pills lol. What else do you take besides the morphine?

Take care
    Gayle
  16. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

Glad to meet you, but I am sorry you qualify for the club.
  17. tiredgayle

tiredgayle New Member

what does that comment mean? What club do I qualify for?
  18. tiredgayle

tiredgayle New Member

TXFMmom

I made a post a few days ago introducing myself and I am wondering what you mean???

you wrote, Welcome, sort of
    and said glad to meet you, but I'm sorry you qualify for the club.

Am I taking this wrong as many of us may

Gayle
  19. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

welcome from can hardly stay alert Anne this morning.... it is going to be so hot here today 100F and heta index higher.

Hands stiff so cannot type but just wanted to say hi.

Love Anne Cromwell
  20. charlenef

charlenef New Member

hi gayle, i havent been here too long myself but we all understand trust me. i hope you enjoy all the info that is on this website. people who have been through this have the most wisdom (not like talking to dr. who can only tell you what the medical books say.) good luck charlene