HI EVERYONE......I HAVE BEEN SO SICK !!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Francey54, Aug 19, 2005.

1. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Hi My Dear Friends:

Have missed you all. I haven't been on line since Tuesday afternoon. I wasn't feeling that great that day, so I laid down. About an hour later I got the most horrific pain on my left side, after that fever, chills, headache and nausea. I knew I was in trouble. I am alone all day, my husband works long hours and the only other family I have nearby in my mom and dad who are 88 and 90 are in a Rest Home. So it is pretty much me and my little dogs.

I couldn't get out of bed. I really started to panic because the pain was excrutiating and the chills made my teeth chatter. I thought I was dying. What a helpless and horrible sensation.

Well I managed to get to the phone and called my husband. He came right away and took me to the emergency room. After hours waiting and throwing up, I was checked, blood and urine taken, x-rays and the result was kidney infection with granular sand in the kidney!! I have what is called a medullar sponge kidney which predesposes me to kidney stones. I spent Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday in the hospital until I finally moved all of the sand out of my kidney and the infection was controlled. WHAT A RELIEF!

I am back home today but feel very weak and kind of listless. I am very very fatigued. I have to keep taking the antibiotics for a total of 14 days.

I missed you guys alot. I kept saying to myself at the hospital, can't wait to get back on line with my Fibro friends.

I hope you are all doing OK and if I don't answer your posts much in the following two or three days, it's because I am still recuperating.

Tender hugs to all,
    Francey
    [This Message was Edited on 08/19/2005]
    [This Message was Edited on 08/19/2005]
  2. libra55

libra55 New Member

Please take good care of yourself and rest. In May I had pneumonia and ended up in ER, and it took me ONE MONTH to recover after. The dr. told me I would be better in 10 days but I knew better than that.

I just took it really slow and if something did not get done, well it didnt get done that's all. Youre health is so important.

Give your furbabies a hug, and take care.

(((((Hugs))))))
    Michelle
  3. gmom605

gmom605 New Member

glad you`re home ,take of yourself i`ll keep you in my prayers,,,gmom
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

Oh, you poor dear. I am soooooo sorry to hear that you have been so sick.

Being in the hospital will suck the life right out of you, even if you are well!!!! LOL

But being in the hospital when you are really, really sick is awful. All the needles, tubes, tests, waking you up every 15 min. during the night (well, it seems like it) is a real bummer.

I, too, have had major kidney issues in the past--not what you have--and ended up with 5 different episodes of kidney stones. I've had the tubes and stents put in my kidneys, etc. I once ended up on antibodic treatment for a year.

I hope your antibodics cure things up for you. Please take care of yourself..... just lounge around for a couple weeks and let hubby wait on you--when he's home.

I know what you mean about thinking about everyone on the board while your in the hospital. I was in the hospital in March of this year for 3 days, and I did the same thing! You feel like you're missing something!!

Well, we missed you, and I'm so glad that you are back!

Wishing you a speedy recovery,
    Janet
  5. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

I am so happy to hear from all of you and appreciate your wishes for a speedy recovery.

I will take good care of myself and hubby will be catering to my needs at least this weekend. I love pampering. Don't we all?

Take good care and I will be back real soon.

Love and hugs,
    Fancey
  6. tandy

tandy New Member

So sorry about the hospital stay~
    yuk! just what we really hate is being admitted to the hospital! When I'm sick I just wanna be in my own home in my own bed~
    I've been in the hospital for kidney problems.
    A few times. Once I recall them "thinking ' that I had possibly passed a small/tiny sand stone. I had alot of the same pain you've described and groin pain that went into my legs!(and butt) odd??
    Thing is,is untill they ran alot of different tests,..I could'nt have anything for pain!! that was horrible!
    I had blood in my urine also.
    Oh boy!! that was a rough time looking back~
    Take it easy sweetie and yes,..have hubby pamper you !
    These attacks do leave you exhausted for days if not weeks!!
    Rest and come back when your feeling up to it~
    We'll hold your spot open!lol
    Hugs
    Tandy
  7. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

wow what a day!

at first i thought it was a flare up from fm.

i wished it were for instead of the kidney infection.

rst up and take care of yourself,.

thinking of you.

jodie
  8. nina2

nina2 New Member

Hope you start feeling better and stronger everyday.

Wish I could make you some homemade chicken soup!

~nina~