Hi everyone, I'm new here

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TheAurynn, Aug 19, 2005.

1. TheAurynn

TheAurynn New Member

I am so happy to have found this website. It is nice to visit with people who understand what you are going through. Here's a little background on me: I am 26, and I have have fibro since 2000. I have a great husband and 3 lovely mutts (no kids yet). I had to quit my regular job when I got sick, but now I work with my parents from their home (they live right across the street). I had my Fibro somewhat reasonably controlled but I was in a minor car accident at the beginning of July that has set me backwards again. I enjoy reading books and watching movies(especially fantasy/sci-fi)and I just recently learned how to knit and I am loving it!! Hmm... I guess that is pretty much it. Thank you all for listening to me rattle on. I haven't had any friends in years because I just feel so different from other people my age. I hope to make some friends here. Gentle hugs to you all. Love, Jessica
  2. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

Just wanted to welcome you to a great board with lots of caring, supportive and understanding people. When you feel like no one else understands...We Do!!

You will learn lots here.

Welcome aboard!!
    Hugs
    Bluerose
  3. justlikemom

justlikemom New Member

I understand what you mean. I'm 28 myself, and I'm not working due to illness as well.

Hopefully you'll find support on this board. There are many wonderful ladies here (and a handful of great guys as well).
  4. Countrymom

Countrymom New Member

new that is...
    and happy to have found this board!

Dani
  5. CFIDSNicole

CFIDSNicole New Member

Hello and welcome. I am 26, happily married, and no kids. I have a pet hamster named Scamp.

I have CFIDS with a little fibro on the side, and just today I basically quit my part-time job (writer from home for university magazines) because my health is simply not cooperating.

I look forward to getting to know you--maybe we have some mroe things in common and can get to be friends---there are lots of great people here.

Nicole

P.S. You can read more about me by clicking on my profile---I dont knit but taught myself how to crochet last November and made scarves for christmas presents--I picked it up fast and i really love it too, but have gotten away from it for awhile.
  6. jc2jd

jc2jd New Member

Hi everyone. I am new here too! My name is Jody, I'm 33, and I live in Utah with my hubby of 16 yrs, 3 kids, 16, 13, and 11. I also live with many animals...4 dogs, 6 birds, and 3 cats.

I have been battling fibro for about 2 years now but only got an "Official" diagnosis about a month ago. I am struggling to keep working full time. I am a computer operator and spend most of my time walking and carrying things. It is a real struggle. I come home barely able to walk every night.

I'm very glad to have found someplace to get information and vent. I am looking for any tips on pain management and exercise routines. Thanks!!
    [This Message was Edited on 08/19/2005]
  7. Bambi

Bambi New Member

enjoy the people who come here. There are many different ideas on therapies and different things that help different people. There is a lot of good advice and support when you need it. Keep coming back. You may find help and you may also be able to help others at times. We all need each other to deal with these diseases.

They can call them what they want to;
    syndromes etc, but we all know they are difficult to deal with and they do change your life in many ways. Hang in there and just keep coming
    back! Hugs, Bambi
  8. TheAurynn

TheAurynn New Member

Thank you for such a warm welcome, I really appreciate it. Hello to the other new people and the established ones too! I look forward to getting to know all of you.

Jessica