Hi Everyone I'm new here

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by missmagnolia, Jan 31, 2007.

1. missmagnolia

missmagnolia New Member

Good morning new friends....I feel as though I will get to know all of you very fast since we all have so many disorders that are the same, take the same medications, and pray the same prayers. I haven't done a profile yet...is there a place for one? Oh well, I'll get used to everything soon. Anyway, I am a 65 year young divorcee, Mom of 3 and grandmom of 8, and I live in Mississippi. My health issues are: FMS, CFIDS, RA AND OA,COPD, POLY-NEUROPATHY (DEMON) AND LUPUS SYMPTOMS. I hope to hear from any of you that share these disorders so we can compare notes.
    God Bless,
    missmagnolia
  2. fungirl2100

fungirl2100 New Member

Iam new too. I suffer from FMS, CFS, herniated discs in my neck & back, neuropathy pain, loss of use in my left arm (no reflex at all) & RLS.

Welcome aboard and you can edit your profile at the top and make any notes that you like about yourself.

love your new friend,
    fungirl
  3. mujuer

mujuer New Member

I am fairly new here also. Found this website two weeks ago and hardly a day goes by that I don't check it. It has helped me out more then the two thousand dr.s that I have been thru. If you want to find out peoples profiles just click on their names. I have had fibro for two years. My dr. says that the restless leg syndrome is also a part of fibro. Fungirl, read your message to tigger yesterday. Have you tried Requip for RLS? I just started and it is great. Missmagnolia, I am very curious about your lupus symptons as I have them also. My sister has lupus and in the summer I have severe breathing problems and can't catch my breath like her. As soon as the fall hits, it's over until the summer. I have had two pulmonary function test to no avail. What lupus sysmptoms do you have? Sorry that you have all of these disorders but glad you found us. God Bless. Pamela
  4. twerp

twerp New Member

I have CFS and have been coming to this site for advice for several years now. This is a great forum. So much knowledge to be shared.

And, the best thing, for me at least, is being able to communicate with others "in the same boat". We are really the only ones who understand what each other go through on a daily basis.

By the way, love your name. Are you from the South by any chance?

Hugs,
    Twerp
  5. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

I've been studying my CFS by searching for a Root Cause. Most doctors treat symptoms. Pain is a symptom, a weak immune system is a symptom.

There are many causes of CFIDS & FM as are outlined in Dr. Jacob Teitelbaum's book: From Fatigued to Fantastic

My root causes seems to be toxic metals: Lead, Cadmium, Antimony & Arsenic. I found them using a Hair analysis from 1to1vitamins. Lead by itself weakens the immune system. A weak immune system makes me vulnerable to EBV and CMV viruses. Which explains why I'm fatigued.

Cadmium interferes with the thyroid gland. The thyroid hormones are the gas pedal to all the cells and help control body temperature.

I also got some real help from James 5:14.