Hi everyone! I'm new to the boards!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sharbear, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Sharbear

Sharbear New Member

Hi everyone!

This is my first post, but I have been lurking for quite some time. I just want you to know that I find it so amazing that so many of you have the same symptoms as I do, and I am learning so much. I have fibromyalgia, and also RA, and although my spirits are usually high, I really get down in the dumps sometimes with all the pain and weird problems that come with these autoimmune diseases. My family and friends don't really understand, so it's so wonderful to find a site with people who understand. God Bless!
  2. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

Welcome Sharbear! So glad you are here. This is about the only place you will find those who truly understand. You will love it here! Take Care and Enjoy Lynn
  3. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

This is a great place, lots of information and support. We all get down sometimes and need to find people who understand.

Blessings to you too

Kathy.
  4. ckk

ckk New Member

welcome aboard! glad to meet you. cant wait to get to know you better. i know what you mean when you say that family and friends dont understand. it stinks doesnt it? the people closest in your life and you cant talk w/ them. well you can, you know what i mean. anyway, we are here and you can talk with us. take care.
    ckk
  5. jaltair

jaltair New Member

I see that you've been visiting for a while, so you know how helpful the information is on this site. It's also nice to have people that you can express concerns to. Everyone here will have a lot in common with you, and there is much to share.

I'm 58 years old and have been diagnosed with FMS/CFS for over 3 1/2 years now. However, I believe that I had it when I was in my mid-twenties. There is so much more these days that can help us - just the idea of having computers and being online to seek out support groups is one big help that wasn't there 33 years ago!

You will enjoy the Board. Please don't feel ignored if you post and don't receive a lot of answers. Various members are off and on the internet and unable to post right away. Just keep posting or putting in your 2 cents . . .

L, Jeannette
  6. Sharbear

Sharbear New Member

Thank you for the warm welcome, Idbgcoleman, pianowoman, Nanjee, ckk and jaltair!

Nanjee...I have been very blessed in that my RA went into remission for quite a few years, but it is back now along with the fibromyalgia. I feel bad for your family member. She's so young to be having all these troubles.

My RA started at 16, and it was mostly in my fingers and legs at that time. I could hardly open up my fingers in the mornings, they were so painful and swollen; and my legs ached so bad I would cry sometimes, but I got better in my 30's, and now in my '50s, I'm having troubles again.

The fibromyalgia is a bigger problem for me right now. I have the all-over pain and the dry eyes and throat and the Raynoud's and the Irritable bowel and bladder, and severe fatigue. So some days you just want to give up, but others are much better.

We are definitely neighbors. I'm in the Twin Cities.

Thanks again for the warm welcome, everyone!!!
    [This Message was Edited on 10/02/2005]
    [This Message was Edited on 10/02/2005]
  7. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

this is a wonderful board!Linda
  8. kathleen1437

kathleen1437 New Member

Hi i have not been on the board long ,but it is a god send ,have got heaps of imformation which i have used .Its truly a two way support system.
    hugs kathleen
  9. juliejo

juliejo New Member

Hello Sharbear,pleased to meet another fellow fibro sufferer. I too havent been here long but everyone seems so friendly.
    Some days i am not up to posting but look in as this site has heeps of info and cheers me up on bad day.
    You don't feel so lonely just knowing other folk are just like you.
    Take care.
    Julie UK.
  10. libra55

libra55 New Member

Hi and welcome to our board! I am 49, female, have had FM (most of my life I think), dx'd in 2000. Just recently also dx'd with Crohn's Disease so also undergoing treatment for that. It is very interesting many of us who have one autoimmune disease also have another one with it.

This board is great for information and support and a lot of humor thrown in too.

Glad to have you join us!

Michelle
  11. elsa

elsa New Member

I'm glad you posted. This is such a wonderful place for information and support. There is no such thing as "not believing" here.

No matter what, you will find someone here to help you through. You'll find eventually that you can't wait to pass that unconditional support onto someone else.

It's like a great big cycle here of getting understanding and passing it on to the next.

Just about my entire treatment plan has come from research found here or topics posted that directed me to more research .... Because of the selfless sharing of info here I am feeling better and better.

Glad to meet you and welcome..... Take care,

Elsa
    [This Message was Edited on 10/03/2005]
  12. Glad to meet you. My brother has RA and is always in alot of pain. I have fibro and know what you mean about how easy it can be to get down in the dump with this disease. I hope you enjoy this site.
  13. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I just wanted to say, "Hi," and to ask whether you have been to the Roadback Foundation website. They are treating RA with long-term antibiotics and having good results. Strangely enough, many with FMS report good results from the same treatment.

I have CFIDS and FMS. The CFIDS was triggered by a mycoplasma infection which was never adequately treated 15 years ago. It went chronic in my body and it took 2 1/2 years on Doxycycline to control it. The Doxy cleared up my IBS too.

Sixty to seventy percent of patients with FMS and/or CFIDS test pos. for mycoplasma infections using PCR DNA testing. Dr. Garth Nicolson's website, Immed, has more info on that.

Love, Mikie
  14. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Sharbear:
    Good morning. I used to lurk before I joined in. You will like it here.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  15. kjschlotte

kjschlotte New Member

Good to hear from you. keep in touch

"J"
  16. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I think that the more of us are here, sharing, the better we will all be. Thank you for coming! Look forward to knowing you better.

Sue
  17. ksev

ksev New Member

Hi and welcome, I am new to this as well, first board posting I have done. This is a great site, you know your not alone with this FM pain. You will learn so much and the more we find out about FM it will help us all.
    Good luck and God bless,
    Hugs
  18. vertiesmth

vertiesmth New Member

HI, SHARBEAR, SO GLAD TO MEET YOU. I'M NEW HERE ALSO. SO HAPPY TO HAVE FOUND THIS WEB SITE. NO ONE UNDERSTANDS OUR PROBLEM UNLESS THEY GO THROUGH IT EVEN SOME DRS. DONT GIVE UP WE WILL FIND THE ANSWER ONE WAY OR ANOTHER. LOVE, VERTIE
  19. Christinawensell

Christinawensell New Member

So glad to have you join us,

Glad to meet you, looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Christina

Welcome :)
  20. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

So glad that you joined us Sharebear. This is the only spot where you can find someone that cares and understands y our pain,and your frustration. We all console one another and care for one another.

Ask anything that you wish and you will get replies. I am the "senior" of the group and my friends think that this is "old age" setting in. That is true, but the pain does not come from that. It is FMS, OA, Spinal Stenosis and Scoliosis.

Be sure to tell us your troubles and your joys.

Gentle Hugs from Joan