Hi everyone, I'm still alive

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ckball, Sep 22, 2006.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

I went back for my follow up after having 22 pulled and they said I am doing well.

The dentures still don't fit right but that is to be expected. I am suppose to follow up next week with the dentist in my hometown.

I have lost 4 pounds, which is good. I lost 25 pounds over a year ago and gained 10 this summer, I am a stress binger, cookies and ice cream are my down fall.

Yesterday was the worst, I thought I was going into a CF flair and slept all afternoon, very unusal for me.

Today I'm feeling better, but do need the pain meds still.

I will be going back Sun or Mon making a 2 day trip to buy some stained glass on my way.

I hope everyone is doing well, I will catch up on the board when I get back home. Have a great weekend-Carla
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Carla:

I am glad all is working out well with your dental work.
    I have had some problems with my teeth for a while now.

I plunked down a thousand bucks to have some 'repairing' done and when I got home a bridge on the other side of my
    mouth fell out.

I have also lost some weight (about fifteen pounds) over the last two weeks. I have been keeping to a really stringent diet.
    So far, so good.

I hope you feel better real soon.

nyrofan
  3. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

yesterday, and I have more than a few pounds to lose. Do either of you have any good suggestions? How did you lose yours? Terri
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

ououououchchchch! You are one brave soul. You alreday have the teeth in!!! Doesn't that hurt? I thought the gums had to shrink down.

Oh I cannot imagine. Poor lamb.

Don't overdo things and watch for infections.

Love Anne
  5. darude

darude New Member

Great to hear you are still doing well. Annie the Londoner
  6. ckball

ckball New Member

Nyro- thank you, good luck with the continued weight lose.

alaska- I lost my weight by walking and getting rid of the cookies and ice cream. It took me about 4 months.

I maintained it for a year than went back to cookies this summer. I don't think I will be eating any cookie anymore, unless is it is cookie dough :)

Crommell- now they put your dentures in the day they pull your teeth. It acts like a bandaid and helps mold the gums. They give you a temporay set and in about six month or more then you get the final set.

Yes it is painful, it will take awhile to adjust, they gave me a really good cream that numbs the gums.

Darude- thanks, hopefully each day gets easier.

Carla
  7. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Thinking of you and how brave you are.I hope you feel better soon.