Hi Everyone! It's been awhile....sorry....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dolsgirl, Nov 16, 2002.

1. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

I haven't been on very much since I started work on October 7th. I work a 10 hour day with a half hour lunch, totally 10.5 hours a day at work. I have a half hour drive each way, so I'm exhausted by the time I get home. I'm not able to come on as I used to, but I do think of you guys. I did cancel my email account with the carrier that I signed up with as dolsgirl, but it let me today anyway. I also have one as dolsgirl92, so if you see that, it's me!

I think that working has been good for me physically. This is the first job I've had since my motor vehicle accident in July '01. I didn't know if I'd be able to tolerate working again. I'm so relieved that I can. It does feel good to contribute. My husband has always been sooo understanding. He's great. Never made me feel bad for not working. He just supports me emotionally. I'm lucky :)=) That's supposed to me with a big smiling face!

I'm happy about having a four day week, as I find that I'm just as tired with 8 or 10 hour days. With the 8 hour day you have to work 5 days vs. my 4 days. I like the extra day to recoup.

My insomnia is still horrible. I have probably only gotten two 8 hour nights sleep since moving here, Washington State, in mid-August. Once my insurance kicks in, I will definitely be put back on Zanaflex 4 mg @ bedtime. I know that I'll be able to rest then. Not having a doc to go to yet is very tough. I need sleep so bad. I'm going to get the ZMA that is offered here on this site & give it a whirl.

I hope this post finds you feeling better and smiling at life. dolsgirl
  2. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

I haven't been on very much since I started work on October 7th. I work a 10 hour day with a half hour lunch, totally 10.5 hours a day at work. I have a half hour drive each way, so I'm exhausted by the time I get home. I'm not able to come on as I used to, but I do think of you guys. I did cancel my email account with the carrier that I signed up with as dolsgirl, but it let me today anyway. I also have one as dolsgirl92, so if you see that, it's me!

I think that working has been good for me physically. This is the first job I've had since my motor vehicle accident in July '01. I didn't know if I'd be able to tolerate working again. I'm so relieved that I can. It does feel good to contribute. My husband has always been sooo understanding. He's great. Never made me feel bad for not working. He just supports me emotionally. I'm lucky :)=) That's supposed to me with a big smiling face!

I'm happy about having a four day week, as I find that I'm just as tired with 8 or 10 hour days. With the 8 hour day you have to work 5 days vs. my 4 days. I like the extra day to recoup.

My insomnia is still horrible. I have probably only gotten two 8 hour nights sleep since moving here, Washington State, in mid-August. Once my insurance kicks in, I will definitely be put back on Zanaflex 4 mg @ bedtime. I know that I'll be able to rest then. Not having a doc to go to yet is very tough. I need sleep so bad. I'm going to get the ZMA that is offered here on this site & give it a whirl.

I hope this post finds you feeling better and smiling at life. dolsgirl
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

That your job works out for you. I know it's hard, but it sounds as though you are really enjoying it. Good for you.

Love, Mikie
  4. Dara

Dara New Member

Effexor to help you get to sleep? I was never able to go right to sleep no matter how exhausted & fatigued & sleep deprived I was. I would lay awake and toss and turn and sometimes still be awake when the alarm went off. The doctor put me on Effexor XR and it has absolutely been a godsend to me. I go to bed, and go right to sleep. First time in my life and it has been wonderful. I still wake up at various times during the night but can usually fall right back to sleep. I had a sleep study done and was told I had no rem sleep, whatever that means. Then the doctor suggested that perhaps I was just a "night owl". He could have been partially right, I seem to be more alert and capable of doing things late at night.

Dara
  5. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

I'm allergic to Effexor and other antidepressants. I'm allergic to a gazillion pain medications. It scares me because I don't know what I can have when I may need it. dolsgirl