Hi everyone...new here..question about h/a

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by DJM07, Jan 3, 2007.

1. DJM07

DJM07 New Member

Two years ago I was dx. with fibro. This past year when symptoms got worst I got a second opinion and yep...it is fibromyalgia. What started mine was having GB surgery and having complications. I lost a lot of weight, lost muscle tone and pull muscles in my shoulder back area. Also for the year of 2004 to 2006 I was under a lot of stress. I believe all these factors brought fibro one.

My question from this newbie is how many have headaches and why do we. I been having headache for over a week now every day. Sometimes it feels like it is my sinuses. Sometimes it feels like it is coming from my neck. Sometimes it feels like a tension h/a. I do suffer from migraines but always know when I am having one of them. I could not really tell the doctor what type it is. I might also being having eye strain. I read where it was common to have headaches with fibro. If this is so is it common to suffer daily? Another thing I been noticing is I can lay down and the head pain can sometimes go completely away. Most of my pain from the fibro is from my lower back up. The worst is on my upper right side of my back into my neck and I do have the tender spots also in the back of my head.
    I also sometimes get dizzy.

Thanks in advance for any replies. I can take pain about anywheres except in my head.
  2. suzyQ44

suzyQ44 New Member

Hi, I just found this site the other night so I am new here myself. I seen your post and wanted to reply. I have headaches all the time. I have more of them than not . I notice if I am on the computer or driving or doing anything that does not support my head and neck that is when I have them the most. It seems like I live on Excedrin tenison headache pill's they do help some.I was diagnosised w/ Fibro 1 1/2 ago but it took the Dr a year to tell me that is what it was so 2 1/2 yr of this. I hope you get feeling better. Sincerly , Suzyq44
  3. Mwitherite

Mwitherite New Member

I have requested many many times that someone hit me on the back of the head with a shovel or bat, not to kill me or nothing, just that this would feel better than the headaches. I am going to try the grapeseed extract thing somone else suggested. I'd honestly take a bat to the head tho rather than have one more headache, LOL.
  4. DJM07

DJM07 New Member

Thanks everyone for replying. I have notice several postings on headaches. I read that it can be part of Fibro. I also notice the weather makes mine worst. I hurt constantly in my upper right left shoulder and into my neck. I can find sore spots on the right side of my head.
    I have two in the back of my head (right where it shows it in the fibro diag. of the tender spots) and I have one in my right temple. I been having daily h/a for over two weeks now. Today my shoulder and head is pounding. The weather had change to cold rain. Another thing I notice is the pain can move around like the pain in my body does.

Thanks again for the responses. I think it is just another part of fibro but I have to find relief for my headaches. I am getting desperate. I am not due to go back to my doctor until March. I might go a little earlier if they do not stop soon.