Hi everyone, reporting on progress on Chiari Surgery

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cheryl, Sep 21, 2002.

1. cheryl

cheryl New Member

At post-op three months, I feel like I have my life and my mind back. My mood swings are gone, most all physical symtomes are gone, Brain fog, gone.

I do not wake up tired, the faitiqe is no longer there. When the day ends I am just a normal tired and sleep like I have'nt slept in years.

A reminder Chiari is no longer considered by the length of tonsills of the cerebellem in spinal canal but also the size of the back of the skull which can crowd the brain stem area, causing back-up of spinal fluid in brain. THis can cause the brain fog.

I would do the surgery all over again, only now remember by a Chiari expert. Best wishes, Cheryl
  2. cheryl

cheryl New Member

At post-op three months, I feel like I have my life and my mind back. My mood swings are gone, most all physical symtomes are gone, Brain fog, gone.

I do not wake up tired, the faitiqe is no longer there. When the day ends I am just a normal tired and sleep like I have'nt slept in years.

A reminder Chiari is no longer considered by the length of tonsills of the cerebellem in spinal canal but also the size of the back of the skull which can crowd the brain stem area, causing back-up of spinal fluid in brain. THis can cause the brain fog.

I would do the surgery all over again, only now remember by a Chiari expert. Best wishes, Cheryl
  3. lease79

lease79 New Member

Just wanted to bump this back up for you, so you could see that it hadn't been erased, it had just slipped back a few pages.
    Also you're latest post is about to go over onto the next page too. This board moves extremely fast, so if noone or only a few reply to your post, then it ends up on the next page pretty quick.
    The mods haven't erased any of your posts I put Chiari surgery into the Search engine & all your posts came up. Hon, you need to check the board a little more often, or go into page 2,3 etc... to find your posts.
    Here's one that was for you that you that is there, but has gone unanswered -

Cheryl----How are you doing since Chiari Surgery? 09/06/02 10:19 AM

Hi Cheryl, just wondering if you are still improving and think the surgery was worth it? If I knew I could get rid of all this pain from this dd I would do it in a minute!!
    BonnieQ

BACK REPLY

BonnieQ
    (904)

bump 09/07/02 12:50 PM

bumping for Cheryl!!

Anyways, I am glad that your surgery went well & that you are doing well

Lease
    [This Message was Edited on 09/23/2002]