Hi everyone

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shrtcak81, Jan 21, 2007.

1. shrtcak81

shrtcak81 New Member

I thought I would introduce myself. My name is Crystal and I'm 25 years old. I've lived in Vegas all my life. I'm engaged to my wonderful finance, Danny who I've been with for almost 4 years. We plan on getting married in May, 2008. We work together for Century 21 Aadvantage Gold doing virutal tours of homes.

I've had what I'm pretty sure is fibro since I was 22. My doctor is pretty sure that's what I have, but I'm going to a rheumatolagist Febuary 14th to make sure. Life with fibro is miserable. At the time it started, it was on and off, but as time goes on, it feels like it's gotten worse. I've been feeling particularlly bad because of the cold weather.

Along with fibro, I have IBS, Hypoglycemia, Anxiety disorder, OCD, allergies, GERD, and vulvodynia. It's so irritating. It seems that growing up I've always had related problems. When I was little I had a lot of vaginal infections, constipation and anxiety and OCD. Now that I'm older, it seems that those problems have had an effect on me and now they're here to stay.

The first of the disorders, hypoglycemia, started when I was 13. When I was 16 IBS followed, along with lots of anxiety, OCD, and GERD. At 17, I thought I had a vaginal infection, but turned out to be nothing except a lol of pain and never went away. Allergies started up at 21, along with fibro short after.

About 2 months ago, I started the guai treatment and I think it's working. I've defititely feel a lot worse when I take it. It's so miserable. I don't like taking it, but I know I need to stick with it to see results.

Everyday I wake up stiff and exhausted. It always feels like I ran a marathon the day before. As the day goes on my muscles are sore and feel very fatigued. Then they ache for a few hours, which feels like the flu. I absolutely can't stand that feeling. Some days are better than others, but lately I've had a lot of bad days.

Just thought I would share my story and see how others are coping. I really need support, since I don't know anybody with fibro and people in my life don't seem to understand what it's like.
  2. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

Sorry to hear you have FM but glad you found us. This is definitly a place to find support. You will also find a lot of good information here too.

I believe there are a few people on the board using the Guia protocol so you can probably get some input from them on how you are feeling.

Anyhow, welcome to the board and don't be shy, talk and ask away!
  3. llama

llama New Member

Hello,

Sorry you needed to find this message board but glad to meet you. This board is wonderful for getting info. and support. I don't think I've ever seen a question posed that people didn't try to answer or at least direct the person to where they may find an answer.

I'm glad to see that you're going to a Rheum., it's so important to have good documentation regarding your symptoms and limitations they present. I hope the guai protocol helps you. It may take you awhile to finally get a handle on what you personally need to do to stay as well as possible...we're all different so what works for one person may not work for you.

I encourage you to read up on Fibro., it helps to be exposed to different points of view...different schools of thought.

Take care and good luck...keep posting.....Jill.....
  4. shrtcak81

shrtcak81 New Member

Dragon06, llama, and spamula:

Thanks for welcoming me! It's very hard dealing with this and not really knowing anybody in my everyday life who suffers with this as well. I'm glad that people here are very supportive. Thanks again!

Crystal