Hi everyone

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Fibrolady37, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

Please can you help me.
    I was diagnosed with an Insecure Personality Disorder & i wondered if anyone can tell me what that is please?
    I have to fill a form in for social security & i have to post it ASAP.
    I would be very grateful for any advice.
    Thank you.
  2. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Who gave you this diagnoses? I checked the Mayo Clinic site and there is no listing for "Insecure Personality Disorder". Was this a GP or a psychiatrist who labelled you with this diagnoses?

Also doing a Google search, same thing; no such disorder.

Before you fill in the form for social security I would definitely consider getting a second opinion.
  3. earthdog2000

earthdog2000 Member

I was interested in your post as I have never heard of this diagnoses. I even looked it up on the internet and could not find this specific Personality Disorder. There are a lot of links that talk about insecurities and reasons for them with Personality Disorders but nothing very specific. I personally think that it could have something to do with being abused in so many ways as you posted on your profile. I would definetly call your drs. office and ask the nurse to have your dr. call you back on an explanation as to exactly what this disorder is and how he came to this conclusion.

I am so sorry to hear that you have so many DD's to deal with! I was dx'd with Bipolar II about 3 months ago and I was pretty scared at first. Now between medication, seeing my psychiatrist more often and doing a lot of research on bipolar I am doing much better and understanding is the key. Tell your dr. that you NEED to know what this disorder is and how he reached the conclusion as to his dx. I can't believe your dr. did'nt explain it to you! I'm sure it makes you feel very frustrated. So sorry again as I know how you feel. Hopefully, you will get some replies from someone who either has this dx or knows what it is. Good luck and keep us posted.....

Faith, Peace and Comfort, Julie
  4. quanked

quanked Member

This must be a diagnosis that is listed in what ever diagnostic manual that is used in the UK.

I worked in mental health in the USA and I do not recall any such personality disorder listed in our DSM IV. I would be interested in hearing the definition of Insecure Personality Disorder.

You might call any mental health center there and ask what the title is of the diagnostic manual used there in the UK and then google it. Good luck.
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

My therapist told me that unless they have something substantial to diagnose, they won't be allowed to continue therapy so they look for things to diagnose. Yikes!

Love, Mikie