Hi everyone

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sunshyne1027, Oct 16, 2002.

1. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

I havent been around for a week or two, because going through a rough time with everything in my life.

The new job I started a couple weeks ago, I couldnt handle it any longer, it caused flares, and I missed too much work, I just couldnt do it anymore. Again I am looking into work though, I need the money. I am going through a bankruptsy, losing my house, car. etc. My husband is still on workers comp, and off work until Janurary. He also has MS.

I have had periods of major depression all week, last week too. I layed around and felt so disabled. I watched alot of tv, read alot of books, did mainly nothing.

I sought support from my husband on all I am going through, about holding onto a job, dealing the best I can with Fibro, and life. I learned again, I will have to at it all alone, he offers no support, if anything he is emotionally damaging to my self esteem.

I dont know what got me up and going at it again. I just do not want to give in to this Fibro, I still want to hang onto my dreams. Maybe I should just change my thoughts, compromise my dreams. I dont know. I guess I just needed to vent, let it all out on what I am going through right now. It all seems to just be crashing down on me all at once, and I havent anyone to talk to about it.
  2. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

I havent been around for a week or two, because going through a rough time with everything in my life.

The new job I started a couple weeks ago, I couldnt handle it any longer, it caused flares, and I missed too much work, I just couldnt do it anymore. Again I am looking into work though, I need the money. I am going through a bankruptsy, losing my house, car. etc. My husband is still on workers comp, and off work until Janurary. He also has MS.

I have had periods of major depression all week, last week too. I layed around and felt so disabled. I watched alot of tv, read alot of books, did mainly nothing.

I sought support from my husband on all I am going through, about holding onto a job, dealing the best I can with Fibro, and life. I learned again, I will have to at it all alone, he offers no support, if anything he is emotionally damaging to my self esteem.

I dont know what got me up and going at it again. I just do not want to give in to this Fibro, I still want to hang onto my dreams. Maybe I should just change my thoughts, compromise my dreams. I dont know. I guess I just needed to vent, let it all out on what I am going through right now. It all seems to just be crashing down on me all at once, and I havent anyone to talk to about it.
  3. domesticgoddess

domesticgoddess New Member

I'm So Sorry to Hear Your Hubby Is No Help!

Please Remember Just Because You've Been Dx with FMS/CFIDS/ME doesnt mean you are a 'Lost Cause'!

Don't Give Up! Just Keep A Positive Attitude And Remember!

You Are Not Alone!

Gentleness
  4. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

Thanks for the support, friendship. It felt good to get it out. Had a good cry, and starting to feel stronger in spirit now.

:)
  5. SleepyWillow25

SleepyWillow25 New Member

So sorry to hear about your situtaion. I am in a simular one as yourself. I have had CFS, Fm for over 15 years and even though I am more housebound then bed bound these days I am still rather ill with this damn illness.

My husband is out of work. We meet over the net, after a year he moved from AZ USA to Melbourne Australia to be with me. We have been married enalry three years now.

Sadly my husband is very unwell and right now is unable to work also. His kidneys are dying they are working at 35 % and he has visional problems. Hence it is hard to find work when you can't see much. He has had numerous operations to improve his sight, he is better in that area but he still has problems on the computer and reading etc.

My husband is 12 years older then me, he is 38 this year. Sadly cos of his health problems Immigration of Australia does not want him here. We have been fighting them since we got married. He is only here as he is my carer and my CFS doctor wrote to immigration telling them there is no way I could handle a flight over to the USA let alone in my own country and that losing my support network, family and friends would harm an Australian Citz.

Six months ago we got a letter telling Mike he has been denied and had 28 days to leave the country. The stress of that relapsed me. :( Of course we have a Immigration Agent and he has apppealed on the grounds that it will be breaking up a marriage and will cause emtional and physically stress on me.

We are still waiting for a response... Mike being not able t work is not working in our favour. I can't work at all. I feel guity and my husband feels depressed and guitly that he can not provide for his wife. We are living back home with my Parents as we became broke.

I can understand your situation completely and my heart goes out to you. It is so unfair and the stress is such a killer on CFS and FM let alone our mental distress causing depression.

Are you well enough to do work via a computer? Like typing up Resume's, reports for uni or college students???? I was thinking of that but as of right now I am still not well enough to type for longer then a few minutes on a better day.

Is there a way you can work from home... your own hours etc?
    Maybe you could search the net??? Do you have any friends who own a business that you can ask if they would pay you to help them with things like typing letters etc.

How are you at talking on the phone? I have known some CFS people that have gotten telephone work from home... doing questionaires for businesses.

I wish I could help more, I wished I could help my own family out here also. Sorry to hear your husband is not supporting you. Maybe he feels like my husband, depressed, frustrated, guilty etc. Seeing and knowing you are trying so hard to work and getting sicker could cause you husband to go through mood swings etc. Not that I am excusing him but I know Mike my husband is getting depressed and feels all of the above also.

All the very best!!! I wished I could find an answer for both of us...

Love your friend in Australia

Belle
    Vic

6. debrastets

debrastets New Member

I am so sorry that you are having a hard time!Today is not a good day for me and when i hurt this bad i come here to read post and know that iam not alone and that its not in my head! wish i could help! But wonted to let you know that i care! DEB!
  7. Allen2

Allen2 New Member

is my world. Like some of you, I'm not in bed all the time, but I am rarely out of the house. When we drove from from Phoenix up to the mountain country, I was overwhelmed with the beauty. Those of us who are homebound are never jaded when it comes to life beyond the 4 walls. Hope you don't give up the battle: I predict you will be doing much better because you have the spunk. I'm almost running on empty, but it usually isn't a permanent condition. God bless, al

[ advertisement ]